First Deaf Lawyer Saudamini Pethe Enrolls With Delhi Bar Council – The first deaf advocate Saudamini Pethe registered with the Bar Council of Delhi — wants to work for the rights of the hearing impaired and help them gain access to education, healthcare, and justice. The 45-year-old woman lawyer Saudamini Pethe will argue her matters in courts through the medium of an Indian Sign Language (ISL) interpreter.
- She will also seek to be an inspiration for deaf youth to join the legal profession and contribute to the cause of their community.
- Saudamini Pethe was born in Mumbai’s Dombivli.
- Pethe completed her masters in English from Mumbai University in 2000.
- She learned the ISL in 2008 while working as a documentation executive at the Noida Deaf Society.
- Currently, she is the director of the All India Foundation of Deaf Women and a trustee at the Access Mantra Foundation.
- She holds an LLB at the Institute of Law and Research, Faridabad, and completed her course in August 2022 after getting enrolled with the Bar in November.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App