Federal Bank reappoints Shyam Srinivasan as MD & CEO till September 2024
Federal Bank has decided to re-appoint Shyam Srinivasan as the managing director and chief executive officer. Shyam Srinivasan will serve for a period of three years from 23rd September 2021 to 22nd September 2024.
- Srinivasan is serving in charge of the Kerala-based bank since September 23, 2010.
- Also, he has completed three terms as CEO.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has given its approval to the reappointment of Shyam Srinivasan as the MD & CEO of Federal Bank.
Who is Shyam Srinivasan:
- Shyam Srinivasan has served as the Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of The Federal Bank Ltd.
- He assumed the post of CEO of the bank on 23 September 2010.
- He has a bachelor of engineering (B.E.) and PGDM degree.
- He has been conferred with Distinguished Alumnus Award 2017 of IIM Calcutta and Business Standard Banker of the Year 2020 Awards.
About Federal Bank –
Federal Bank Limited is a major Indian commercial bank and its headquarter is located in Aluva, Kochi. Also, the bank has its Representative Offices abroad in Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, and Dubai.
- Headquarters: Aluva
- CEO: Shyam Srinivasan
- Founder: K.P Hormis
- Founded: 23 April 1931
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI) –
It is the central bank and regulatory body of India. RBI is responsible for the issue and supply of the Indian rupee and the regulation of the Indian banking system.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: British Raj
- Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.