Former Supreme Court judge Hemant Gupta has been elected as the chairperson of the New Delhi International Arbitration Centre (NDIAC). The appointment of Justice Hemant Gupta (retired) as NDIAC chairperson and Ganesh Chandru and Anant Vijay Palli as its part-time members have been approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet.
Former Supreme Court judge Hemant Gupta
- Gupta delivered a split verdict on a batch of petitions challenging the March 15 judgment of the Karnataka High Court refusing to lift the ban on wearing of hijab in educational institutions in the state and demitted office on October 14.
- He was born on October 17, 1957, and was enrolled as an advocate in July 1980.
- He is the son of former Chief Justice of the Punjab and Haryana High Court Jitender Vir Gupta.
- He also worked as an additional advocate general of Punjab from 1997 to 1999.
- He served as a judge of the Punjab and Haryana High Court on July 2, 2002.
- He c
- Justice Gupta was appointed as Chief Justice of the Madhya Pradesh High Court on March 18, 2017.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App