Election Commission Of India Launches Garuda App For Digital Mapping Of Polling Booths
The Election Commission of India (ECI) has launched the Garuda app for the digital mapping of all polling stations. the Garuda app will contain data such as latitude and longitude of the polling stations and will ensure faster, smarter, transparent, and timely completion of election work.
- BLOs will be able to upload photos and location information of the polling stations from registered mobile numbers.
How will Garuda App be helpful
- To ensure faster, smarter, transparent, and timely completion of election work.
- Will reduce the paperwork.
- BLO’s can add or delete voter names or modification of addresses.
- The App can track several facilities like toilets, wheelchair, drinking water, electricity, sheds, chairs, ramps for differently-abled.
- It will help in capturing the information of polling stations, PS facilities, Checklist & New Form App Features.
- Will provide facilities to BLO’s to add or update data.
- Will help in adding important places to the Nearest Bus stand/ Police station/ Fire station/ Fuel pump data/Hospitals/ Parking area.
COVID-19 Challenge for Election Commission of India (ECI)
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) has increased polling booths from 23211 to 24659 booths in the view of COVID-19 protocols.
- ECI’s officials will conduct extensive awareness programmes to ensure eligible voter is mentioned in the voter list under Systematic Voters’ Education and Electoral Participation (SVEEP).
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.