DRDO RAC Scientist B Syllabus 2023 PDF Download: Check Exam Pattern – Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO), Recruitment Assessment Centre (RAC) Officials released an Advertisement for Scientist B posts. the official syllabus for Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO), Recruitment Assessment Centre (RAC) Scientist B Exam has been released on the official website. aspirants can also check and download the Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO), Recruitment Assessment Centre (RAC) Scientist B Syllabus & Exam Pattern in the below sections. to make it easy, we have provided the download link of the DRDO RAC Scientist B Exam Syllabus along with the pattern below in the section. Stay connected to our website PrepareExams.Com for getting instant updates on DRDO RAC Scientist B Syllabus.
|Subscribe To YouTube|
|Follow Us on Instagram|
|Join Facebook Page|
DRDO RAC Scientist B Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023 – Overview
|Board Name||Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO), Recruitment Assessment Centre (RAC)|
|Selection Process||Valid GATE Score,
DRDO RAC Scientist B Exam Pattern 2023
The DRDO RAC Scientist B question paper of the recruitment test will be 600 questions with a Maximum mark of 600 marks and All questions carry equal marks. The Exam duration of the DRDO RAC Scientist B paper will be 6 Hours. for each wrong answer, – marks will be deducted. Below the given table is for the DRDO RAC Scientist B Exam Pattern 2023.
- Total Question – Questions
- Total Marks – 600 marks
- Exam Duration – 6 Hours
- Language –
- Mode of Exam –
- Negative Marking –
|Paper 1||300||3 hrs|
|Paper 2||300||3 hrs|
|★★ You Can Also Check ★★|
|DRDO RAC Scientist B Previous Question Papers PDF Download|
|DRDO RAC Scientist B Admit Card|
|DRDO RAC Scientist B Answer Key|
|DRDO RAC Scientist B Results|
|DRDO RAC Scientist B Exam|
Subject Wise – DRDO RAC Scientist B Syllabus 2023
- Mechanical Engineering
PAPER – I
1. Fluid Mechanics: Basic Concepts and Properties of Fluids, Manometry, Fluid Statics, Buoyancy, Equations of Motion, Bernoulli’s equation and applications, Viscous flow of incompressible fluids, Laminar and Turbulent flows, Flow through pipes, and head losses in pipes.
2. Thermodynamics and Heat transfer: Thermodynamic systems and processes; properties of pure substance; Zeroth, First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics; Entropy, Irreversibility and availability; analysis of thermodynamic cycles related to energy conversion: Rankine, Otto, Diesel, and Dual Cycles; ideal and real gases; compressibility factor; Gas mixtures. Modes of heat transfer, Steady and unsteady heat conduction, Thermal resistance, Fins, Free and forced convection, Correlations for convective heat transfer, Radiative heat transfer – Radiation heat transfer co-efficient; boiling and condensation, Heat exchanger performance analysis.
3. IC Engines, Refrigeration and Air conditioning: SI and CI Engines, Engine Systems and Components, Performance characteristics and testing of IC Engines; Fuels; Emissions and Emission Control. Vapour compression refrigeration, Refrigerants and Working cycles, Compressors, Condensers, Evaporators, and Expansion devices, and Other types of refrigeration systems like Vapour Absorption, Vapour jet, thermo electric and Vortex tube refrigeration. Psychometric properties and processes, Comfort chart, Comfort and industrial air conditioning, Load calculations and Heat pumps.
4. Turbo Machinery: Reciprocating and Rotary pumps, Pelton wheel, Kaplan and Francis Turbines, velocity diagrams, Impulse and Reaction principles, Steam and Gas Turbines, Theory of Jet Propulsion – Pulse jet and Ram Jet Engines, Reciprocating and Rotary Compressors – Theory and Applications
5. Power Plant Engineering: Rankine and Brayton cycles with regeneration and reheat, Fuels and their properties, Flue gas analysis, Boilers, steam turbines, and other power plant components like condensers, air ejectors, electrostatic precipitators and cooling towers – their theory and design, types and applications;
6. Renewable Sources of Energy: Solar Radiation, Solar Thermal Energy collection – Flat Plate and focusing collectors their materials and performance. Solar Thermal Energy Storage, Applications – heating, cooling and Power Generation; Solar Photovoltaic Conversion; Harnessing of Wind Energy, Bio-mass and Tidal Energy – Methods and Applications, Working principles of Fuel Cells.
PAPER – II
7. Engineering Mechanics: Analysis of System of Forces, Friction, Centroid and Centre of Gravity, Dynamics; Stresses and Strains-Compound Stresses and Strains, Bending Moment and Shear Force Diagrams, Theory of Bending Stresses- Slope and deflection-Torsion, Thin and thick Cylinders, Spheres.
8. Engineering Materials: Basic Crystallography, Alloys and Phase diagrams, Heat Treatment, Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Metals, Nonmetallic materials, Basics of Nano-materials, Mechanical Properties and Testing, Corrosion prevention and control
9. Mechanisms and Machines: Types of Kinematics Pair, Mobility, Inversions, Kinematic Analysis, Velocity and Acceleration Analysis of Planar Mechanisms, CAMs with uniform acceleration and retardation, cycloidal motion, oscillating followers; Vibrations –Free and forced vibration of undamped and damped SDOF systems, Transmissibility Ratio, Vibration Isolation, Critical Speed of Shafts. Gears – Geometry of tooth profiles, Law of gearing, Involute profile, Interference, Helical, Spiral, and Worm Gears, Gear Trains- Simple, compound, and Epicyclic; Dynamic Analysis – Slider – crank mechanisms, turning moment computations, balancing of Revolving & Reciprocating masses, Gyroscopes –Effect of Gyroscopic couple on automobiles, ships, and aircraft, Governors.
10. Design of Machine Elements: Design for static and dynamic loading; failure theories; fatigue strength and the S-N diagram; principles of the design of machine elements such as riveted, welded, and bolted joints. Shafts, Spur gears, rolling and sliding contact bearings, Brakes, and clutches, flywheels.
11. Manufacturing, Industrial, and Maintenance Engineering: Metal casting-Metal forming, Metal Joining, Machining, and machine tool operations, Limits, fits and tolerances, Metrology and inspection, computer Integrated manufacturing, FMS, Production planning and Control Inventory control and operations research – CPM-PERT. Failure concepts and characteristics Reliability, Failure analysis, Machine Vibration, Data acquisition, Fault Detection, Vibration Monitoring, Field Balancing of Rotors, Noise Monitoring, Wear and Debris Analysis, Signature Analysis, and NDT Technique in Condition Monitoring.
12. Mechatronics and Robotics: Microprocessors and Microcontrollers: Architecture, programming, I/O, Computer interfacing, Programmable logic controller. Sensors and actuators, Piezoelectric accelerometer, Hall effect sensor, Optical Encoder, Resolver, Inductosyn, Pneumatic and Hydraulic actuators, stepper motor, Control Systems- Mathematical modeling of Physical systems, control signals, controllability and observability. Robotics, Robot Classification, Robot Specification, notation; Direct and Inverse Kinematics; Homogeneous Coordinates and Arm Equation of four Axis SCARA Robot.
2) Electronic and Communication Engineering
PAPER – I
1. Basic Electronics Engineering: Basics of semiconductors; Diode/Transistor basics and characteristics; Diodes for different uses; Junction & Field Effect Transistors (BJTs, JFETs, MOSFETs); Transistor amplifiers of different types, oscillators, and other circuits; Basics of Integrated Circuits (ICs); Bipolar, MOS and CMOS ICs; Basics of linear ICs, operational amplifiers and their applications-linear/non-linear; Optical sources/detectors; Basics of Optoelectronics and its applications.
2. Basic Electrical Engineering: DC circuits ohm’s & Kirchoff’s laws, mesh and nodal analysis, circuit theorems; Electromagnetism, Faraday’s & Lenz’s laws, induced EMF and its uses; Single-phase AC circuits; Transformers, efficiency; Basics-DC machines, induction machines, and synchronous machines; Electrical power sources- basics: hydroelectric, thermal, nuclear, wind, solar; Basics of batteries and their uses.
3. Materials Science: Electrical Engineering materials; Crystal structure & defects; Ceramic materials-structures, composites, processing and uses; Insulating laminates for electronics, structures, properties and uses; Magnetic materials, basics, classification, ferrites, Ferro/para-magnetic materials and components; Nano materials-basics, preparation purification, sintering, nanoparticles and uses; Nano-optical/magnetic/electronic materials and uses; Superconductivity, uses.
4. Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation: Principles of measurement, accuracy, precision, and standards; Analog and Digital systems for measurement, measuring instruments for different applications; Static/dynamic characteristics of measurement systems, errors, statistical analysis, and curve fitting; Measurement systems for nonelectrical quantities; Basics of telemetry; Different types of transducers and displays; Data acquisition, system basics.
5. Network Theory: Network graphs & matrices; Wye-Delta transformation; Linear constant coefficient differential equations- time domain analysis of RLC circuits; Solution of network equations using Laplace transforms- frequency domain analysis of RLC circuits; 2-port network parameters-driving point & transfer functions; State equations for networks; Steady state sinusoidal analysis.
6. Analog and Digital Circuits: Small signal equivalent circuits of diodes, BJTS, and FETs; Diode circuits for different uses; Biasing & stability of BJT & JFET amplifier circuits; Analysis/ design of amplifier- single/multi-stage; Feedback& uses; Active filters, timers, multipliers, wave shaping, A/ D-D/ A converters; Boolean Algebra& uses; Logic gates, Digital IC families, Combinatorial/sequential circuits; Basics of multiplexers, counters/ registers/memories/microprocessors, design& applications.
PAPER – II
1. Analog and Digital Communication Systems: Random signals, noise, probability theory, information theory; Analog versus digital communication & applications: Systems- AM, FM, transmitters/receivers, theory/practice/ standards, SNR comparison; Digital communication basics: Sampling, quantizing, coding, PCM, DPCM, multiplexing-audio/video; Digital modulation: ASK, FSK, PSK; Multiple access: TDMA, FDMA, CDMA; Optical communication: fiber optics, theory, practice/standards.
2. Control Systems: Classification of signals and systems; Application of signal and system theory; System realization; Transforms& their applications; Signal flow graphs, Routh-Hurwitz criteria, root loci, Nyquist/Bode plots; Feedback systems-open &close loop types, stability analysis, steady state, transient and frequency response analysis; Design of control systems, compensators, elements of lead/lag compensation, PID and industrial controllers.
3. Computer Organization and Architecture: Basic architecture, CPU, I/O organization, memory organization, peripheral devices, trends; Hardware /software issues; Data representation& Programming; Operating systems-basics, processes, characteristics, applications; Memory management, virtual memory, file systems, protection & security; Databases, different types, characteristics, and design; Transactions and concurrency control; Elements of programming languages, typical examples.
4. Electro Magnetics: Elements of vector calculus, Maxwell’s equations-basic concepts; Gauss’, Stokes’ theorems; Wave propagation through different media; Transmission Lines-different types, basics, Smith’s chart, impedance matching/ transformation, S-parameters, pulse excitation, uses; Waveguides-basics, rectangular types, modes, cut-off frequency, dispersion, dielectric types; Antennas-radiation pattern, monopoles/ dipoles, gain, arrays-active/ passive, theory, uses.
5. Advanced Electronics Topics: VLSI technology: Processing, lithography, interconnects, packaging, testing; VLSI design: Principles, MUX/ROM/PLA-based design, Moore & Mealy circuit design; Pipeline concepts & functions; Design for testability, examples; DSP: Discrete-time signals/systems, uses; Digital filters: FIR/IIR types, design, speech/audio/radar signal processing uses; Microprocessors & microcontrollers, basics, interrupts, DMA, instruction sets, interfacing; Controllers & uses; Embedded systems.
6. Advanced Communication Topics: Communication networks: Principles /practices /technologies /uses /OSI model/security; Basic packet multiplexed streams/scheduling; Cellular networks, types, analysis, protocols (TCP/TCPIP); Microwave & satellite communication: Terrestrial/space type LOS systems, block schematics link calculations, system design; Communication satellites, orbits, characteristics, systems, uses; Fibreoptic communication systems, block schematics, link calculations, system design.
- Computer Science and Engineering
1. Engineering Mathematics a. Linear Algebra: Matrices, Determinants, a system of linear equations, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, LU decomposition, orthonormal bases, Transforms – Fourier, DCT, wavelets.
b. Calculus: Limits, continuity, differentiability, maxima and minima, mean value theorem, integration. Vector calculus – gradient, divergence, curl, integral theorems.
c. Probability: Random variables, probability distributions – uniform, normal, exponential, Poisson, binomial. Mean, median, mode, standard deviation. Conditional probability and Bayes theorem. Information theory: Shannon entropy, information, conditional information.
2. Discrete Mathematics: Propositional and first-order logic. Sets, relations, functions, partial orders and lattices, groups. Graphs: connectivity, matching, coloring. Combinatorics: counting, recurrence relations, generating functions
3. Digital Logic: Boolean algebra. Combinational and sequential circuits. Minimization. Number representation and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating point).
4. Computer Organization and Architecture Machine instructions and addressing modes. Assembly language. ALU, data path, and control unit. Instruction pipelining. Memory hierarchy: cache, main memory, and secondary storage. I/O interface (interrupt and DMA modes). RISC, CISC, parallel architectures.
5. Programming and Data Structures Programming in C: functions, structures, memory management, recursion, arrays, stacks, queues, linked lists, trees, binary search trees, binary heaps, and graphs. Object-oriented programming basics.
6. Algorithms: Searching, sorting, hashing. Asymptotic worst case, time and space complexity. Algorithm design, techniques: greedy, dynamic programming, and divide‐and‐conquer. Graph search, minimum spanning, trees, shortest paths.
1. Compiler Design: Lexical analysis, parsing, syntax‐directed translation. Runtime environments, intermediate code generation.
2. Operating System: Processes, threads, inter‐process communication, concurrency and synchronization, deadlocks. CPU scheduling. Memory management and virtual memory. File systems. Virtual machines and hypervisors. Secure operating systems.
3. Theory of Computation: Regular expressions and finite automata. Context‐free grammar and push‐down automata. Regular and context‐free languages, pumping lemma. Turing machines and undecidability.
4. Databases: ER‐model. Relational model: relational algebra, tuple calculus, SQL. Integrity constraints. Normal forms. File organization, indexing (eg, B and B+ trees). Transactions and concurrency controls.
5. Computer Networks: Concept of layering, OSI model. LAN technologies (Ethernet). Flow and error control techniques, switching. IPv4 / IPv6, routers, and routing algorithms (distance vector, link state). TCP/UDP and sockets, congestion control. Application layer protocols (DNS, SMTP, POP, FTP, HTTP). Basics of WiFi.
6. Security of Cyber-Systems: Cyber security principles, Kerberos, RADIUS, secure protocols (IPSec, SSH, SSL), basics of public key and private key cryptography, hash functions, blockchains, digital signatures, certificates. Firewalls, intrusion detection systems, basics of IoT security, and Cloud security. Threats, vulnerabilities, malicious software. Attacks: buffer overflow, DoS, DDoS, SQL injection, web application attacks
7. AI and Machine Learning: Classification and clustering techniques, dimensionality reduction: PCA, SVD. Correlation and regression analysis. Training and test data: overfitting, underfitting. Search. Ontology. Decision trees. Artificial Neural networks: activation function, multi‐layer perceptron, deep learning. Application of artificial neural networks.
Electrical Engineering consists of the following topics in the recruitment examination- Signals and Systems, Control Systems, Power Systems, Electric Circuits and Fields, Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Power Electronics and Drives, and Electrical Machines.
- Transducers, Mechanical Measurement and Industrial Instrumentation
- Analog Electronics
- Basics of Circuits and Measurement Systems
- Control Systems and Process Control
- Digital Electronics
- Signals, Systems, and Communications
- Analytical, Optical, and Biomedical Instrumentation
- Electrical and Electronic Measurements
DRDO RAC Scientist B Syllabus 2023 – Download Link
|Download DRDO RAC Scientist B Syllabus 2023 – |
|Download DRDO RAC Scientist B Syllabus 2023 – |
Electronic and Communication Engineering
|Download DRDO RAC Scientist B Syllabus 2023 – |
Computer Science and Engineering
DRDO RAC Scientist B Syllabus 2023 – FAQs
For how many marks, DRDO RAC Scientist B Exam will be held?
DRDO RAC Scientist B Exam will be held for 600 Marks.
Who is conducting the DRDO RAC Scientist B Exam?
The officials of the Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO), Recruitment Assessment Centre (RAC) are conducting the DRDO RAC Scientist B Exam.
What is the Exam duration for DRDO RAC Scientist B Exam?
The Exam duration for DRDO RAC Scientist B Exam is 6 Hours.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
📣 Prepare Exams is now on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube Channel, and Google News to get all the latest News first Like, Follow and bookmark our website @ PrepareExams.com.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.
******** End ********