Disarmament Week 2022: 24 to 30 October – Every year, Disarmament Week is observed in the world. in 2021, the disarmament week started on October 24th, 2022, and will continue till October 30th. 2022.
- The main purpose of Disarmament Week is to promote awareness and understanding of the issues of disarmament.
- It also aims to reduce the use of weapons, specifically nuclear weapons, and also promote to bring peace in society.
- Countries across the world support disarmament week each year in an effort to create a more secure and safe world.
Disarmament Week 2022: History
- In 1952, The United Nations Disarmament Commission (UNDC) was established to make proposals for a treaty for the regulation, limitation, and balanced reduction of all armed forces.
- In 1978, the proposal of celebrating disarmament week was presented at the UN General Assembly’s special session. This day also marks United Nations’ founding anniversary.
- In 1995, the General Assembly invited governments, and NGOs, to take an active part in Disarmament Week (resolution 50/72 B, 12 December 1995) for promoting a better understanding among the public of disarmament issues.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.