Padma Shri, Khel Ratna Arjuna Awardee, India’s First Woman Paralympic Medalist and President of the Paralympic Committee of India, Dr. (h.c) Deepa Malik has been elected as Nikshay Mitra’s ambassador on November 26, 2022, by the Union Ministry of Health under the Pradhan Mantri TP Mukt Bharat Abhiyan scheme.
- Deepa Malik will support the campaign by becoming a Ni-Kshay Mitra.
- She will amplify further much-needed awareness of this debilitating disease.
What is Nikshay Mitra?
- The Govt offers Rs 500 per month to TB patients for a nutritional diet. the Ni-kshay Mitra scheme has been launched under which volunteers can sponsor a food basket worth Rs 700.
Nikshay Poshan Yojana
- The Nikshay Poshan Yojana is a government scheme in India that was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in April 2018 to help tuberculosis patients.
TB Mukt Bharat Campaign
- In March 2018, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched the TB Mukt Bharat campaign.
- The Pradhan Mantri TB Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan aims to bring together all community stakeholders to support that TB treatment and accelerate the country’s progress toward TB elimination.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.