Daily Current Affairs 9 May 2023 in English: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF to crack your exams.
|Subscribe To YouTube
|Follow Us on Instagram
|Join Facebook Page
MoHUA and MoR jointly ink MoU with JICA for Project SMART
The Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) and the Ministry of Railways jointly signed an MoU with Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for ‘Station Area Development along Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail’ (Project-SMART). Project-SMART will develop the surrounding areas of the Mumbai – Ahmedabad High-Speed Railway (MAHSR) Station.
- It will help in enhancing accessibility and convenience of commuters & other stakeholders and promote economic activities in the vicinity of station areas.
- The MoU will cover four High-Speed Rail Stations- Sabarmati, Surat in Gujarat and Virar and Thane in Maharashtra; out of 12 stations in route.
Rajnath Singh inaugurates India’s first Air Force Heritage Centre in Chandigarh
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated India’s first Indian Air Force Heritage Centre in Chandigarh’s Sector 18 which has spread across 17,000 sqft at the Government Press Building. the heritage centre marks the IAF’s role in various wars.
- It also has the first IAF-made patent aircraft Air Force ‘Kanpur-1 Vintage Prototype Aircraft’, a single-engine indigenous flying machine designed and built by the late Air Vice Marshal Harjinder Singh in 1958 at Base Repair Depot Kanpur.
New Lithium deposits discovered in Rajasthan after J-K
After Jammu and Kashmir, lithium reserves are traced in Rajasthan’s Degana and are higher than the ones recently found in Jammu and Kashmir. In February 2023, lithium reserves were found in Jammu and Kashmir’s Reasi for the first time.
Delhi Metro starts ‘QR Code’ ticketing system on all routes from May 8
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) introduced QR Code based paper ticket system on all of its routes. DMRC upgraded its Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) gates and customer care centres in order to enable this system. in the beginning, 2 gates have been upgraded at every metro station to enable entry and exit using QR code-based paper tickets.
- DMRC will begin mobile-based QR tickets by the end of May to provide more efficient, hassle-free, and time-saving movement of passengers.
Belarus’ Sabalenka won the Madrid Open tennis title
The Madrid Open tennis tournament began on May 1st, 2023 in Madrid, Spain. The women’s singles semi-final was held between Sabalenka and Greece’s Maria Zachary clash. Sabalenka won 6-4, 6-1 and qualified for the final round.
Jeremy Lalrinnunga Wins Silver At Asian Weightlifting Championships 2023
Jeremy Lalrinnunga won the silver medal in the snatch category of the competition and lost in the men’s 67kg category. Asian Weightlifting Championship 2023 held in South Korea. China’s He Yueji 320kg (147kg+173kg) won the gold, while local favourite Lee Sangyeon 314kg (139kg+175kg) and Uzbek lifter Ergashev Adkhamjon 312kg (138kg+174kg) won the silver and bronze medals respectively.
Tamil Nadu player Praveen Chitravel makes national record in triple jump
The 21-year-old athlete from Tamil Nadu, Praveen Chitravel made a new national record in the triple jump at the ‘Prova de Confrontacion Athletics Meet’ held in Havana, Cuba by clearing a distance of 17.37 meters. The triple jump will be formally approved by the Athletics Federation of India. In 2016, Ranjith created a national record of 17.30 meters.
Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti 2023
Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti is celebrated across the world for his remarkable contributions to literature, music and art. Rabindranath Tagore from West Bengal, was the legendary Bengali poet, writer, painter, social reformer and philosopher. He significantly influenced the cultural and political history of India. Every year, Rabindranath Jayanti is celebrated across the country on the 25th day of the Bengali month Boishakh to commemorate his birth anniversary.
- In 2023, Indian Citizens will observe the 162nd birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore on May 9.
- While Rabindranath Jayanti is also observed on May 7 by a few organisations and in some places. According to the Gregorian Calendar Rabindranath Tagore was born on May 7, 1861.
- According to the traditional Bengali calendar, In West Bengal Rabindra Jayanti, is celebrated on the 25th day of the Bengali month Boishakh or “Ponchishe Boishakh”.
- According to the Bengali calendar, Tagore was born on the 25th day of the month of Boishakh.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.