Daily Current Affairs 9 April 2023 in English: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF to crack your exams.
|Subscribe To YouTube
|Follow Us on Instagram
|Join Facebook Page
Ayush Ministry to organise scientific convention on World Homeopathy Day in New Delhi
The Ayush Ministry will conduct a scientific convention on World Homeopathy Day in New Delhi on 10th April 2023. The theme of this convention is Homoeoparivar- Sarvajan Swasthya, One Health, One Family. World Homeopathy Day is celebrated to commemorate the birth anniversary of the founder of Homeopathy, Dr. Christian Fredrich Samuel Hahnemann.
Bangladesh receives 450 MW from Godda plant of Adani power
Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB) received 450 MW of electricity from the Godda plant of Adani Power. It was further increased to 750 MW. The Adani Power plant in Godda, Jharkhand conducted a 14-day reliability test during which uninterrupted supply for 72 hours.
- At present, Bangladesh imports 1160 MW of power from India, getting 1,000 MW of electricity from Berhampur in West Bengal via Kushtia’s Bheramara and 160 MW from Suryamoni in Tripura via Comilla daily.
PM Modi inaugurates new terminal building at Chennai airport
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a new integrated terminal building set up at a total outlay of Rs 2,437 crore at the Chennai airport. the Chennai airport will boost connectivity and also benefit the local economy.
Chennai airport’s new integrated terminal
- It is spread across 2.20 lakh sq metres and will meet the growing air traffic in Tamil Nadu. In the first phase, it will have 100 check-in counters, 108 immigration counters, 17 elevators, 17 escalators, and six baggage reclaim belts.
Amit Shah will launch the ‘Vibrant Villages Programme’ in Kibithoo
Union Home Minister and Minister of Cooperation Amit Shah will launch the ‘Vibrant Villages Programme’ in Kibithoo, a border village in the Anjaw district of Arunachal Pradesh on April 10, 2023. Indian Government has approved the ‘Vibrant Villages Programme’ (VVP) with central components of Rs.4800 crore including Rs.2500 crore exclusively for road connectivity for the Financial Years 2022-23 to 2025-26.
Vibrant Villages Programme (VVP) Scheme
- It is a centrally sponsored scheme under which 2967 villages in 46 blocks of 19 districts abutting the northern border in the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Uttarakhand & Himachal Pradesh and UT of Ladakh have been identified for comprehensive development.
- The Vibrant Villages Programme will improve the quality of life of people living in identified border villages and encourage people to stay in their native locations thereby reversing the outmigration from these villages and adding to the security of the border.
GHMC unveils Cloth Bag ATM in Hyderabad
In a CSR initiative, an ATM-like machine for solar-powered cloth bags is installed near the IDPL fruit market area in Kukatpally to provide bags that stand perfectly for the ‘reduce reuse recycle’ initiative in reducing the load of environmental pollution.
- The machine called ‘Cloth Bag ATM’ will make it plastic-free and fetch bags made from biodegradable cloth which costs Rs 10 to its customers.
England won the Women’s Finalissima Championship
England’s Chloe Kelly made the winning spot-kick to clinch the first women’s Finalissima after a dramatic game against Brazil at Wembley, which ended in a 4-2 penalty shootout victory for the hosts.
World Chess Championship 2023
The World Chess Championship 2023 is undergoing a chess match to determine the new World Chess Champion. The match is held in Astana, Kazakhstan, from 9 April to 30 April 2023, and will be a best of 14 games. the world number 1 player, defending champion Magnus Carlsen will play against the number 2 player, Ian Nepomniatsky of Russia.
Kosovo Constitution Day
Every year, Kosovo Constitution Day is observed on April 9th and Kosovo’s constitution recognised the holiday in 2008 as recognized by the people of Kosovo. Kosovo is bordered by Serbia, Albania, Macedonia and Montenegro.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.