Daily Current Affairs 8 March 2023
Daily Current Affairs 8 March 2023 in English: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF to crack your exams.
Union MoS Dr L. Murugan confers 8th National Photography Awards
Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Dr L. Murugan presented the 8th National Photography awards in New Delhi on 7th March 2023. A total of 13 awards were presented comprising one Lifetime Achievement Award with a cash prize of Rs.3,00,000; one award each in the Professional Photographer of the Year category and Amateur Photographer of the Year category with a cash prize of Rs.1,00,000 and Rs.75,000 respectively; and 5 Special Mention Awards in both Professional and Amateur categories with a cash prize of Rs.50,000/- and Rs.30,000/- each respectively.
- The theme for professional category is “Life and Water” and for the amateur category “Cultural Heritage of India”.
Winners of the 8th National Photography Awards
Lifetime Achievement Award
Ms Sipra Das
Professional Photographer of the Year Award
Shri Sasi Kumar Ramachandran
Special Mention Awards in the Professional category
- Shri Dipjyoti Banik
- Shri Manish Kumar Chauhan
- Shri R S Gopakumar
- Shri Sudipto Das
- Shri Umesh Harishchandra Nikam
Amateur Photographer of the Year Award
Shri Arun Saha
Special Mention Awards in the Amateur category
- Shri C S Sreeranj
- Dr Mohit Wadhawan
- Shri Ravishankar S L
- Shri Subhadip Bose
- Shri Tharun Adurugatla
Members of the Jury for 8th National Photography Awards
- Shri Vijay Kranti, Chairman
- Shri Jagdish Yadav, Member
- Shri Ajay Aggarwal, Member
- Shri K. Madhavan Pillai, Member
- Ms. Ashima Narain, Member, and
- Shri Sanjiv Misra, Photographic Officer, Photo Division, Member Secretary.
Indian-American Woman Appointed To Key Judicial Post In US District Court
An Indian-American woman judge Tejal Mehta has taken oath as the first justice of a district court in the US state of Massachusetts. She will serve as the first justice of the Ayer District Court.
- She served as an associate justice with the same court and was unanimously selected and sworn in by Judge Stacey Fortes, chief justice of the District Court, on March 2nd, 2023.
Nephiu Rio Takes Oath As Nagaland Chief Minister For 5th Term
National People’s Party (NPP)’s Conrad Sangma and Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party (NDPP)’s Neiphiu Rio took oath as Chief Ministers of Meghalaya and Nagaland respectively.
- 9 MLAs including a woman legislator Salhoutuonuo Kruse, took oath as ministers in the Nagaland cabinet.
- Kruse along with G Kaito Aye, Jacob Zhimomi, KG Kenye, P Paiwang Konyak, Metsubo Jamir, Temjen Imna Along, CL John and P Bashangmongba Chang took oath in Kohima.
S.S. Dubey takes charge as Controller General of Accounts (CGA)
Shri S.S. Dubey took charge as the Controller General of Accounts (CGA). Shri Dubey will serve as the 28th Controller General of Accounts (CGA), Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
- Shri Dubey is a 1989-batch Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) officer, who has been elected by the Government of India as the Controller General of Accounts (CGA) with effect from 6th March 2023.
- Shri Dubey served as Additional Controller General of Accounts, Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
- Dubey served as Joint Secretary & Financial Advisor to the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs and the Ministry of Development of the North Eastern Region.
- He served as Deputy Secretary/Director to the Ministry of Food, Consumer Affairs & Public Distribution and supervised Targeted Public Distribution System (PDS) and CWC (PSU).
Trichy ranked 2nd among best-performing airports
Trichy Airport has been ranked 2nd among the best-performing airports in Asia in 2022 with less than 20 lakh passengers. Airport Council International ranked Trichy as 2nd in the list of best airports in Asia. Mumbai Airport tops the list of major airports handling more than 4 crore passengers.
- The survey was held in 32 categories including passenger facilities and airport environment, hygiene food and external security features.
International Para-Badminton 2023
The International Para-Badminton Tournament was conducted in Spain. India won 10 medals including 4 gold, 2 silver and 4 bronze. The gold winners are Manisha Ramdas and Mandeep Kaur (women’s singles), Chirak Pareda/Raj Kumar (women’s doubles) and Manasi Joshi/Sandhya Viswanathan ( mixed doubles).
Mexican tennis champion 2023
Donna Vegich won the women’s singles title at the Tennis Series in Mexico and beat US Open semifinalist Caroline Garcia by 6-4, 3-6, 7-5.
ATX Open Tennis Champion 2023
Marta Kostyuk beat Varvara Gracheva in the final, 6–3, 7–5 to win the singles tennis title at the 2023 ATX Open. It was her first WTA Tour title.
International Women’s Day – March 8, 2023
Every year, International Women’s Day is observed on March 8 to honour the social, economic, and cultural achievements of women from all areas of life.
- The main objective of this day is to honour a woman’s accomplishments while also raising awareness about bias.
- This day is celebrated for their extraordinary contributions to society, remarkable triumphs and unmatched fearlessness.
- The 2023 theme of International Women’s Da is DigitALL: Innovation and technology for gender equality.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
📣 Prepare Exams is now on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube Channel, and Google News to get all the latest News first Like, Follow and bookmark our website @ PrepareExams.com.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.