Daily Current Affairs 2nd February 2023
Daily Current Affairs 2nd February 2023 in English: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF to crack your exams.
Shri G Kishan Reddy launches the Visit India Year 2023 logo in New Delhi
G. Kishan Reddy launched the Visit India Year 2023 initiative and unveiled its logo in New Delhi and started the year of grand plans and activities for promoting tourism in India. The Visit India Year 2023 campaign will explore Indian culture, highlight the various tourism offerings of our country and showcase them to global tourists.
Alkesh Kumar Sharma inaugurated the G20’s Cyber Security Exercise and Drill
Alkesh Kumar Sharma, Secretary, of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) inaugurated the G20’s Cyber Security Exercise and Drill for over 400 domestic and international participants under the G20 leadership of India.
- G20’s Cyber Security Exercise discussed on crisis management, crisis communication, incident response and enhancing and enhancing global coordination and cooperation in the field of cyber security.
US-India Initiative on Critical and Emerging Technologies (ICET)
National Security Adviser Ajit Doval and his US counterpart Jack Sullivan launched the US-India Initiative on Critical and Emerging Technologies (ICET), aimed at fostering an open, accessible and secure technology ecosystem based on mutual trust and confidence that strengthens democratic values and democratic institutions.
Yaya Tso to be Ladakh’s first biodiversity heritage site
Yaya Tso has been proposed as Ladakh’s first biodiversity heritage site (BHS) and is known as a birds’ paradise for its beautiful lake located at an altitude of 4,820 metres. To declare the high-altitude lake and its catchment as a biodiversity heritage site, the resolution was signed after multiple rounds of consultations between the village stakeholders and the SECURE Himalaya project.
- The proposed Yaya Tso site will cover 60 square kilometres.
- It will also include the lake’s watershed.
Nagaland govt and Patanjali Foods Ltd. sign MoU on palm oil cultivation
Nagaland government and Patanjali Foods Limited signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for development and area expansion under palm oil cultivation and processing for Zone-II (Mokokchung, Longleng and Mon districts) of Nagaland under the National Mission on Edible Oils-Oil Palm (NMEO-OP). The MoU will bring a big boost for the oil palm growers in the state of Nagaland and the region.
Delhi child rights body launches WhatsApp chatbot service ‘Bal Mitra’
The Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR) launched ‘Bal Mitra’, a WhatsApp Chatbot to provide communication support to children and parents in Delhi on 1st February 2023. The chatbot ‘Bal Mitra’ will serve as a source of authentic information regarding children and their rights.
- It will act as a platform to report any matter related to the protection of child rights.
- The chatbot will also guide people, especially parents, on issues of admissions and education of their children.
- It will eliminate the gap of information between the government and citizens.
Shri Gaurav Gulati has been Appointed as Director (Finance), NSIC
The Public Enterprises Selection (PESB) appointed Gaurav Gulati as the Finance Director of the National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC), a PSU under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME). He is currently working as Managing Director at NBCC (India) Limited.
Rajeev Singh Raghuvanshi Appointed As Drugs Controller General Of India
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has recommended the name of Dr Rajeev Singh Raghuvanshi as the new Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI). On November 11, 2022, Dr VG Somani’s term as DCGI was extended for three months, coming into effect on November 16, 2022. This was for the second time, as he had also gotten an extension in the month of August 2022.
Former PM Manmohan Singh Conferred With Lifetime Achievement Honour In UK
Former prime minister Dr Manmohan Singh has been conferred a Lifetime Achievement Honour by the India-UK Achievers Honours in London for his contribution to economic and political life. The Honour will be handed over to Dr Singh in New Delhi by the National Indian Students and Alumni Union (NISAU) UK.
- The India-UK Achievers Honours by NISAU UK and British Council in India and the UK’s Department for International Trade (DIT) celebrate the achievements of Indian students who studied at British universities.
Women’s ICC T20 Bowler Rankings
ICC released the list of bowlers for the Women’s T20 tournament. as per the list, England’s Sophie Ecclestone topped the list. followed by, Indian player Deepti Sharma and South America’s Nonkululego Mlaba have been ranked 2nd and 3rd respectively.
India to host Club Volleyball World Championship for two years
The Volleyball World and the International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) announced India as the host for the men’s Club World Championship for two years. The champions of the RuPay Prime Volleyball league will be held in the Club World Championship in 2023 and 2024 against some of the top teams from countries like Italy, Brazil and Iran.
- The Club World Championship is scheduled from December 6 to 10, 2023.
- The volleyball league this season will be conducted from February 4 to March 5.
- The league will be staged in Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Kochi, featuring 31 games in all.
- Sony Sports Network will telecast the matches.
Senior advocate Shanti Bhushan died at 97
Former Union Law Minister and veteran lawyer Shanti Bhushan died at the age of 97 after a brief illness. In 1977, Bhushan was appointed Law Minister when he overturned a series of Constitutional Amendments that were made during Indira Gandhi’s time.
- During his tenure, The 44th Constitution Amendment, which was a political promise to “restore the Constitution to the condition it was in before the Emergency”, was passed.
World Wetlands Day 2023
World Wetlands Day is observed on 2nd February every year across the world. the main purpose of this day is to raise global awareness about the importance of wetlands, not only for people but the planet Earth as well.
- It also marks the day when the Convention on Wetlands was adopted on February 2, 1971.
- In 2023, the world will observe 52 years of the Convention on Wetlands.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
📣 Prepare Exams is now on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube Channel, and Google News to get all the latest News first Like, Follow and bookmark our website @ PrepareExams.com.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.