Daily Current Affairs 28th January 2023 in English: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF to crack your exams.
National Vendor Interaction Program 2023
RINL-Visakhapatnam Steel Plant will conduct the 1st ever “RINL NVIP-2023-National Vendor Interaction Program—2023” on January 28, 2023 (Saturday) at Visakhapatnam Steel Plant. the main purpose of the National Vendor Interaction Program is to provide a forum for the sellers to interact with RINL Management and to foster a long-term business relationship between RINL and the sellers.
Sarbananda Sonowal Inaugurates National Logistics Portal-Marine, a Single Window Logistics Portal to reduce the logistics cost
Union Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways and Ayush Shri Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated The National Logistics Portal (marine) in New Delhi.
- The National Logistic Portal (marine) (NLP) is a project of national importance.
- It is a one-stop platform to connect all the stakeholders of the logistics community using IT.
- It improves efficiency and transparency by reducing costs and time delays and achieving easier, faster, and more competitive offerings of services, to promote the growth of the logistics sector and thereby improve trade.
National Child Science Congress begins in Ahmedabad
The 30th National Child Science Congress was started at Science City in Ahmedabad on 27 January 2023 and was inaugurated by Vijay Nahera, Secretary, of the Gujarat Science and Technology Department. The five-day Congress will conclude on January 31st, 2023 and is being hosted by the Gujarat Council on Science and Technology, Gujarat Council of Science City, and SAL Education.
Khadi and Village Industries Commission conducts State level exhibitions under PM Employment Generation Programme
State Office Maharashtra, Khadi and Village Industries Commission conducted State level exhibition under Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme and will run between 26th January 2023 and 1st February 2023 at Mumbai’s World Trade Centre. the exhibition was inaugurated by KVIC chairman Manoj Kumar.
- It aims to arrange the interaction of exhibitors with Buyers and have Buy Back arrangements.
- 40 registered khadi Institutions as well as PMEGP/REGP Units from 15 states will be part of the event, aimed at exhibiting their Export Quality Khadi & Village Industries Eco-friendly products produced by traditional artisans.
Chief Minister M.K.Stalin launched www.ccfms.tn.gov.in website
Chief Minister M.K.Stalin launched the website www.ccfms.tn.gov.in, aimed at monitoring the activities of Public Sector Undertakings of Tamil Nadu State. It will easily share information related to the financial and administrative activities of public sector organizations and statutory boards with the government.
- It will collect a large amount of information.
- it will Identify violations of the Companies Circular 2013.
- It will generate automatic warning SMS and e-mail messages to directors and relevant key officers of the respective company, thereby also designed to rectify such violations.
Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann to inaugurate 500 ‘Aam Aadmi Clinics’
Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann inaugurated 500 ‘Aam Aadmi Clinics’ (Mohalla Clinics) across Amritsar on January 27th, 2023. Mann inaugurated 100 Aam Aadmi Clinics on August 15, 2022, on the occasion of Independence Day.
- Aam Aadmi Clinics aim to create a health revolution and from this clinic, more than one million people have taken advantage of and over three lakh people were examined free of cost.
- Also, medicines were also given free of cost to the people.
India to Relocate Dozens of African Cheetahs, Signs Deal with South Africa
South Africa signed an agreement with India to introduce dozens of African cheetahs to the Asian country over the next decade. it is after the first was transferred last year from neighbouring Namibia. An initial batch of 12 cheetahs will be flown from South Africa to India in February 2023.
- In September 2022, eight radio-collared African cheetahs were released at Kuno National Park in central India after a 5,000-mile (8,000 km) journey from Namibia.
Taiwan: Chen Chien-Jen announced as a new premier
President Tsai Ing-wen announced that Chen Chien-Jen is to become Taiwan’s new premier. The move comes as part of a cabinet reshuffle following heavy losses for the ruling Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) at local elections last year. Former Premier Su Tseng-chang gave his resignation last week along with that of his cabinet ahead of the widely-expected government reorganization.
- Chen is 71 years old and is a devout Catholic who served as vice president during Tsai’s first term in office, from 2016-2020.
- President Tsai appointed deputy foreign minister Tsai Ming-yen as the new head of the National Security Bureau.
Japan’s radar spy satellite launched into space
Japan’s ‘IGS’ 7′ Satellite ’46 H2A’ was launched from the space centre in Kagoshima Prefecture on a rocket. the radar satellite has been designed with an electromagnetic observation system to capture images at night and during severe weather conditions.
Australian Open match 2023
The 111th edition of the 2023 Australian Open was held at Melbourne Park between January 16 and 29, 2023. The Brazilian pair of Luisa Stefani and Rafael Matos defeated India’s Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna 7-6 (2), 6-2 on 27th January 2023 to win the Australian Open mixed doubles title.
- Mirza has won six Grand Slams, and doubles championships — three in mixed, including the 2009 Australian Open — will retire next month after a tournament in Dubai.
ICC awards winners for the year 2022
The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced its first individual award winners in the ICC Awards 2022, and named the stars honoured in the Associate, Emerging and T20I categories following a global vote conducted among the specialist panel of media representatives, the ICC Voting Academy and global fans who voted for their favourite stars.
ICC awards winners for 2022
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy: Babar Azam (Pakistan)
- Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy: Nat Sciver (England)
- Men’s Test Cricketer of the Year: Ben Stokes (England)
- Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year: Babar Azam
- Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Year: Nat Sciver
- Men’s T20 International Cricketer of the Year: Suryakumar Yadav (India)
- Women’s T20 International Cricketer of the Year: Tahlia McGrath (Australia)
- Men’s Emerging Cricketer of the Year: Marco Jansen (South Africa)
- Women’s Emerging Cricketer of the Year: Renuka Singh (India)
- Men’s Associate Cricketer of the Year: Gerhard Erasmus (Namibia)
- Women’s Associate Cricketer of the Year: Esha Oza (India)
- David Shepherd Trophy: Richard Illingworth (England)
- Spirit of Cricket Award: Aasif Sheikh (Nepal)
Data Privacy Day 2023
Data Protection Day, or Data Privacy Day, is celebrated on January 28 every year. it aims to create more awareness about the right to data protection and the various ways in which people can keep their data safer.
- The theme 2023 of Data Protection Day, or Data Privacy Day ‘Think Privacy First’.
- The Council of Europe decided to coin a Data Protection Day on April 26, 2006 and announced that it will be observed each year on January 28, the day on which the Council of Europe’s data protection convention, known as “Convention 108,” was opened.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.