Daily Current Affairs 27th January 2023 in English: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF to crack your exams.
Revamped Monument Mitra scheme
The government will launch a revamped version of the Monument Mitra scheme under which the Culture Ministry will seek partnerships with private industries for the upkeep of 1,000 ASI monuments and hold light and sound shows among other activities.
- Ministry of Tourism launched the Monument Mitra scheme to adopt a site for upkeep and other related activities.
- The revamped Monument Mitra scheme and its website will be launched soon.
- the scheme will be based on corporate social responsibility (CSR).
India launches world’s 1st intranasal Covid vaccine
The world’s first made-in-India intranasal Covid-19 vaccine iNCOVACC was launched on the occasion of the 74th Republic Day. the vaccine has been manufactured by Bharat Biotech. Union health minister Mansukh Mandaviya launched the vaccine and emphasised India’s vaccine manufacturing and innovation capability.
- The vaccine is now available on CoWIN and is priced at ₹800 for private markets and ₹325 for supplies to the central and state governments.
- It can be kept in a regular refrigerator at temperatures ranging from 2-8°C.
Odesa, Ukraine was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO
The United Nations’ cultural agency, UNESCO declared the historic centre of Odesa, a strategic port city on Ukraine’s Black Sea coast, a World Heritage in Danger site. The status, awarded by a UNESCO panel meeting in Paris, is designed to help protect Odesa’s cultural heritage.
- It also enables access to financial and technical international aid.
Joint parcel product service by Railways, India Post launched in Coimbatore
Indian Railways and India Post serving the region of Coimbatore inaugurated the joint parcel product service. Under the scheme, The first consignment of parcels was loaded on the Coimbatore-Chennai Central Shatabdi Express, which left Coimbatore station around 3 pm.
- The joint parcel product service aims to reduce time and cost in the transportation of goods and will help in the economic growth of the country.
- Rail Post Gati Shakti Express Cargo Service’ was introduced in Salem Division to offer end-to-end logistics service to parcel customers.
- It will help MSMEs, industrialists and traders.
PepsiCo Foundation and CARE launches ‘She Feeds the World’ programme in India
PepsiCo Foundation launched the ‘She Feeds the World’ program in India, aimed at strengthening the role of small-scale women producers through sustainable training and economic support. It will be implemented in the Alipurduar and Cooch Behar districts of West Bengal. It will reach out to more than 48,000 women, men and children and indirectly benefit 1,50,000 individuals.
- ‘She Feeds the World’ is to drive impact for women farmers and their families across the three dimensions of a sustainable food system including economic, social and environmental.
Karnataka Chief Minister Launches Task Force To Curb Leopards In Mysuru
Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai launched Leopard Task Force teams to capture leopards and prevent their menace in Tirumakudalu Narasipura city. the government will provide all necessary assistance to the forest department officials to capture leopards which causes a menace in the area.
Naresh Lalwani takes over as new General Manager of Central Railway
Naresh Lalwani has taken over as the new General Manager of Central Railway and succeeds Ashok Kumar Misra, General Manager of Western Railway who was holding the additional charge of Central Railway as well.
- Naresh is a senior officer of the Indian Railway Engineering Service of the 1985 batch. he served as General Manager, Central Railway.
- He also served as Senior Deputy General Manager and Chief Vigilance Officer of Western Railway.
ONGC Appoints Chairman Arun Kumar Singh As CEO
Arun Kumar Singh was appointed chairman of India’s largest oil and gas producer ONGC and also the CEO of the company for a three-year tenure with effect from the date of his assumption of charge of the post. Shashi Shanker was superannuated on March 31, 2021, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has been traditionally headed by a chairman and managing director.
- He is a mechanical engineer from the National Institute of Technology, Patna.
- He served as the Director (Marketing) of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) from October 2018 to September 2021.
- He became chairman and managing director of the company.
Tamil Nadu Government Republic Day Awards 2023
The 74th Republic Day celebration in Tamil Nadu was held near the Statue of Laborer on Kamarajar Road, Chennai. after that, awards were presented for the best policeman, police station, farmers, policeman who performed heroic deeds and the public.
Gandhi Adigal Kavalar Madal Winners
- Priyadarshini – Police Inspector Central Intelligence Division Headquarters
- Jayamohan Police Inspector Pattukottai Prohibition Enforcement Division
- Sahadeva – Assistant Inspector General of Police, Central Intelligence Agency
- Inayat Pasha – Assistant Inspector General of Police Central Government Intelligence Wing
- Sivanesan – Chief Constable Border Mission Central Intelligence Agency
Chief Minister’s Award for Best Police Station
- Tirupur North Police Station
- Trichy Fort Police Station
- Dindigul block Police Station
Agriculture Department Special Award for Farmers
- Vasantha – Alavayal Village Ponnamaravathi Circle, Pudukkottai District
Anna Medal for 2023 (Government Servant Category)
- Saravanan – Head Constable
- Jayakumar – Ponnarasu male nurse
Anna Medal for 2023 (General Category)
- Anthony Samy – Tuticorin District
- Shri Krishna – Kanyakumari District
- Wealth – Thanjavur District
ICC ODI Bowling Ranking list
India pacer Mohammed Siraj becomes the number one bowler in the ICC rankings for ODI bowlers. Siraj went past New Zealand’s Trent Boult and Australia seamer Josh Hazlewood to become the top-ranked ODI bowler for the very first time.
|Mohammed Siraj (India)
|Josh Hazlewood (Australia)
|Trent Boult (New Zealand)
|Mitchell Starc (Australia)
|Rashid Khan (Afghanistan)
|Adam Zampa (Australia)
|Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh)
|Shaheen Afridi (Pakistan)
|Mustafizur Rahman (Bangladesh)
|Mujeeb Ur Rahman (Afghanistan)
International Holocaust Remembrance Day 2023
Every year, the International Day of Commemoration in memory of the victims of the Holocaust is observed on 27th January since 2006. this day is also known as International Holocaust Remembrance Day.
- The main purpose of this day is to commemorate the anniversary of the tragedy of the Holocaust that occurred during the Second World War (2nd World War).
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.