Daily Current Affairs 26 November 2022: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) – Annual Report
National Statistical Office (NSO) launched the Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) in April 2017, aimed at considering the importance of the availability of labour force data at more frequent time intervals. PLFS aims to estimate the key employment and unemployment indicators (viz. Worker Population Ratio, Labour Force Participation Rate, Unemployment Rate) in the short time interval of three months for the urban areas only in the ‘Current Weekly Status’ (CWS).
- Worker Population Ratio
- Labor Force Participation Rate
- Unemployment Rate
PM to participate in Constitution Day celebrations in Supreme Court on 26th November
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to participate in the Constitution Day celebrations in the Supreme Court on 26th November 2022 at 10 AM. the day of 26th November has been celebrated as Constitution Day since 2015, aims at highlighting the adoption of the Constitution of India by the Constituent Assembly in 1949.
PM to launch various new initiatives under e-court project
- PM Modi will also launch various new initiatives including Virtual Justice Clock, JustIS mobile App 2.0, Digital court and S3WaaS Websites under the e-court project to offer services to litigants, lawyers, and the judiciary through ICT enablement of courts.
Virtual Justice Clock
- Virtual Justice Clock will exhibit vital statistics on the justice delivery system to provide the details of the cases instituted, cases disposed and pendency of cases on a day/week/month basis at the Court level.
- It will help in making the functioning of the courts accountable and transparent by sharing with the public the status of case disposals by the court.
- People will be able to access the Virtual Justice Clock of any court establishment on the District Court’s website.
JustIS Mobile App 2.0
- JustIS Mobile App 2.0 will be for judicial officers for effective court and case management by monitoring pendency and disposal.
- JustIS Mobile App 2.0 app was made available to High Court and Supreme Court Judges, aimed at monitoring the pendency and disposal of all the States and Districts under their jurisdiction.
- S3WaaS Websites will generate, configure, deploy and manage websites for publishing specified information and services related to district judiciary.
- It is multilingual, citizen-friendly, and divyang friendly.
PM Narendra Modi tops list of global leaders again with 77% approval rating
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has topped the list of top global leaders with an approval rating of 77% and followed by, Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese with 56% and US President Joe Biden (41%) at the 2nd and the 3rd spot respectively.
- Canadian President Justin Trudeau is at the 4th spot with 38% followed by newly appointed UK PM Rishi Sunak at 36%. With a 23% approval rating, Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida gets the 6th spot.
Global Leader Approval Ratings
- Morning Consult Political Intelligence Group conducted this survey to track the approval ratings of government leaders and country trajectories in Australia, Austria, Brazil, Germany, India, Mexico, Netherlands, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, and the United States.
- As per the Morning Consult survey, In August 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi topped the list with an approval rating of 75%.
- Followed by Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador and Italian Prime Minister Mario Draghi got 2nd and 3rd spots respectively with 63% and 54% ratings.
- World’s most popular leader’s list featured 22 world leaders and ranked US president Joe Biden at the 5th spot with a 41% rating.
Seoul launches self-driving bus experiment
South Korea’s capital launched its first self-driving bus route, part of an experiment, aimed at making people feel more comfortable with driverless vehicles on the roads. The bus is equipped with cameras and lasers to navigate the way instead of expensive sensors. Citizens can book a free seat through an app at two designated stops.
- first self-driving bus route aims to make the technology low-cost, safe, and easily transferable to many types of vehicles in the future.
- the bus will drive itself around a small 3.4-kilometer (2.1-mile) circuit in downtown Seoul and will take around 20 minutes.
World’s most profitable companies ranking list
Apple has topped the list of the most profitable companies in the world with a profit of Rs 1.5 lakh per second. Followed by Microsoft is ranked at the 2nd spot with a profit of 1.14 lakhs per second. Berkshire Hathaway and Alphabet, Google’s parent company are at 3rd and 4th spots respectively.
list of the world’s most profitable companies in 2022:
|Ranking||Company Name||Fortune Global 500 Rank||Profit ($M)|
|6||Industrial & Commercial Bank of China||22||54003|
|7||JPMorgan Chase & Co.||63||48334|
|8||China Construction Bank||24||46899|
|10||Agricultural Bank of China||28||37391|
|13||Bank of China||42||33573|
|15||Bank of America||105||31978|
1763 Crore Rights Program for Disabled Persons in Tamil Nadu
The Tamil Nadu Chief Minister launched the rights program with a worth of Rs 1,763 crore 19 lakhs for persons with disabilities with World Bank funding. Rights Program for Disabled Persons in Tamil Nadu covers skill development and training for self-employment of persons with disabilities, vocational training, identification, selection, and provision of social security and benefits to persons with disabilities and their families, caregivers through the social registration system. such projects will be implemented in all districts in the next 6 years.
Electric Vehicle Charging Station inaugurated at Chennai Airport
Airports Authority of India, Chennai Airport and Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Tamil Nadu State Office inaugurated an Electric Vehicle Charging Station at Chennai Airport towards Net Zero in the “COP-26” held at Glasgow.
- DC charger (15 kW GB-T – BEVC – 0001) and one Ac Type 2 (7.5 kW) have been provided on the Air Side.
- The EV charging station will help in decreasing the carbon footprint inside the airport.
- It will be cost-effective in terms of daily operational costs.
Rajeev Chandrasekhar Inaugurates Digital India Startup Hub
Electronics & Information Technology and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Minister Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar inaugurated a Digital India startup hub at the Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) center at Davanagere, Karnataka. The STPI, Davangere will create new opportunities for jobs and entrepreneurship for job seekers. it will also ensure PM Shri Narendra Modi Ji’s vision to provide India Techade initiatives taken by the Government for every Young Indian.
- This is the 63rd STPI centre in India and the 5th in Karnataka.
- The State govt also provided 10,000 sq.ft builtup space in Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) Regional Centre, Davanagere for the establishment of this STPI Centre.
- the Centre includes a plug-n-play 102-seater Incubation facility, Network Operations Centre (NOC), 16-seater conference room, and a 32-seater cafeteria and provision.
India wins the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) Vice Presidency and Strategic Management Board (SMB) Chair for the 2023-25 term
India won the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) Vice Presidency and Strategic Management Board (SMB) Chair for the 2023-25 period by grabbing over 90% of the votes cast. General Meeting was conducted in San Francisco, USA. Shri Vimal Mahendru will be the IEC Vice President representing India.
- International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) is an international standard-setting body.
- It publishes international Standards for all electrical, electronic, and related technologies.
- Standardization Management Board (SMB) is an apex governance body of the IEC responsible for technical policy matters.
Supreme Court Collegium lists seven High Court judges for transfer
The Supreme Court Collegium recommended the transfer of seven judges of High Courts. The Supreme Court Collegium was headed by Chief Justice of India DY Chandrachud. Andhra Pradesh High Court, Justices Battu Devanand and D Ramesh were recommended for a transfer to the Madras and Allahabad High Courts, respectively.
- Justice Lalitha Kanneganti, currently a judge of the Telangana High Court, is recommended for a transfer to the Karnataka High Court.
- Justice Kanneganti has been transferred from her parent high court Andhra Pradesh to Telangana High Court only in November last year, after being appointed in May 2020.
- Justices D Nagarjun and Abhishek Reddy from the Telangana High Court were also been recommended for a transfer to Madras and Patna High Courts, respectively.
- Madras High Court, the collegium has recommended the transfer of Justices V.M. Velumani and T Raja to Calcutta and Rajasthan High Courts, respectively.
13th bilateral naval exercise ‘Naseem Al Bahr – 2022’
Indian Navy’s guided missile stealth frigate, INS Trikand, Offshore patrol vessel INS Sumitra and MPA Dornier join the 13th edition of Indian Navy and RNO bilateral exercise ‘Naseem Al Bahr’ (Sea Breeze). ‘Naseem Al Bahr’ 2022 was held from 19 to 24 November 2022 off the coast of Oman.
- Bilateral exercise ‘Naseem Al Bahr’ was conducted in three phases: harbor phase, sea phase and debrief.
- It aims to strengthen and substance these bilateral ties.
- The first naval exercise between the two countries was conducted in 1993.
Dharmendra Pradhan launches the book ‘India: The Mother of Democracy’
Union Education & Skill Development Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan released the book ‘India: The Mother of Democracy’. the book ‘India: The Mother of Democracy’ was prepared and published by the Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR) in New Delhi. The book highlights the democratic ethos ingrained in India since the dawn of civilization.
- book—India: The Mother of Democracy, will encourage healthy discussions on India’s democratic legacy and inspire the next generations to cherish our timeless ethos.
National Milk Day 2022
Every year, “National Milk Day” is celebrated on 26th November in India. this day commemorates the birth anniversary of the Father of India’s White Revolution, Dr. Verghese Kurien.
- As well College of Dairy Science & Technology (CODST) and Guru Angad Dev Veterinary & Animal Sciences University (GADVASU) will conduct the “Milk Adulteration Testing Camp” on 25 and 26 November 2021 on the occasion of National Milk Day.
- All the dairy majors of India designated this day in collaboration with the Indian Dairy Association resolved in 2014 and selected November 26th as National Milk Day to observe. this day also pays tribute to Dr. Verghese Kurien. November 26 is the birthday of Dr. Kurien.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.