Daily Current Affairs 24th December 2022: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
Nepal elected member of UN’s Peacebuilding Commission
Nepal has been appointed as a member of the Peacebuilding Commission (PBC) at the 56th plenary meeting of the United Nations General Assembly for a period of two years, will be effective from 1st January 2023. Nepal will enhance the country’s visibility in the world arena as a peacebuilder and peace contributor. Bangladesh, Ethiopia, India, and Rwanda were also selected from the category of Troop and Police Contributors to UN Missions.
- Nepal joined UN peacekeeping operations since 1958 and is the third largest Troop and Police Contributor to UN Peacekeeping.
Peacebuilding Commission (PBC)
- PBC was founded in 2005.
- It aims to support peace efforts in conflict-affected countries.
- It is a 31-member body.
- It also provides advisory services to the UN General Assembly and Security Council on matters of peacebuilding and sustaining peace.
Gujarat’s Dwarka home to world’s tallest Krishna statue
The world’s tallest statue of Lord Krishna will be erected in Dwarka town as part of the ‘Devbhumi Dwarka Corridor. A 3D immersive experience zone, Shirmad Bhagwad Geeta experience zone will be there in the town, known for the world-famous Dwarkadhish Temple.
- ‘Dwarkadhish Mandir’ is the main temple at Dwarka and is located in Gomti creek, is known as jagat mandir or trilok sundar.
- State Govt plans to develop ‘Devbhumi Dwarka Corridor’ to make this area the biggest religious center in western India.
UP’s Sania Mirza set to become country’s first Muslim female fighter pilot
Sania Mirza has been chosen to become a fighter pilot in the Indian Air Force and will become the country’s first Muslim girl and the state’s first female IAF pilot. Sania Mirza is a daughter of a TV mechanic from Mirzapur.
- Sania Mirza secured this position by passing the NDA exam.
- She also brought laurels not only to the district but also to the state and the country.
- On December 27th, 2022, she will join NDA Khadakwasla in Pune.
Petroleum Ministry to organize musical event ‘Dance to Decarbonise’ in New Delhi
The Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry will conduct a one of its kind musical event, Dance to Decarbonise, National Stadium in New Delhi. It aims to showcase India’s target of achieving net-zero emissions by 2070 weighing against the country’s growing economy, rising energy requirements.
PM Modi to inaugurate National Yuva Janotsav in Hubballi-Dharwad in Karnataka
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate National Yuva Janotsav in Hubballi-Dharwad on January 12th, 2023, and the event will be ended on January 16th, 2023. It will be the 26th National Yuva Janotsava. The selection committee will announce the best logo and mascot and will be awarded 50,000 rupees cash prize.
- The winner will get an Rs. 25000 cash prize for the best theme.
- These best logos, mascots, and themes will be used during the Youth festival.
Andhra Pradesh’s government schools will have ‘Digital’ classrooms
Andhra Pradesh chief minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy announced digital classrooms will be launched in all government schools in the state from the next academic year. it aims to make efforts to bring about a digital revolution in the education sector.
- The CM launched a scheme of distributing electronic tablets among Class 8 students across the state free of cost to promote digital literacy.
Priyanka Sharma, UP’s first female government bus driver
Priyanka Sharma becomes the first female to drive a government bus in Uttar Pradesh. Priyanka was among the 26 women drivers who were hired by Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC). She filled out a form in 2020. Following this, she passed her training in May and got posted in September.
Telangana plans to form safety clubs in educational institutions
The State govt plans to form safety clubs in government, government-aided, and private schools, colleges, and universities. These clubs would work closely with local jurisdictional police — law and order, and traffic.
- The clubs aim to focus on six aspects – safety against sexual abuse, substance abuse, cyber safety, hostel safety, transport safety, and traffic and road safety.
Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar will give 22 awards on ‘Good Governance Day’
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar will present seven state-level and 15 district-level Good Governance awards at the state-level program which has been scheduled to be held on “Good Governance Day”, December 25th, 2022, in Panchkula.
- The awards will cover flagship schemes of the state government including Parivar Pehchan Patra, Mukhyamantri Antyodaya Parivar Utthan Yojana, Chirayu Haryana Yojana, Auto Appeal System (AAS), and many other projects.
- The seven state-level and 15 district-level Good Governance awards will be distributed for bringing in digital reforms in their respective departments.
Science and Technology
1200 year old Kotravai sculpture discovered in Madurai district
A Kotavai sculpture with beautiful carvings was discovered near Chekanurani in the Madurai district. as per the Historians, this sculpture is about 1200 years old. A sculpture was also found buried on the bank of Urani in front of the Ganavai Karuppasamy temple. it is a 4 feet high, 2 feet wide slab of stone, carved in relief with 4 arms.
- The idol has been designed with Karanda Makut on the head, Kundalams on the ears, Aram on the neck, Prayoga Chakra in the hands, Conch bearer, and Abhaya Mudra.
Sahitya Akademi awards: Novelist Anuradha Roy, translator N Kalyan Raman win in English categories
On 22nd December 2022, The winners of the 2022 Sahitya Akademi awards has been given to writers in 23 Indian languages, including translations. in 2022, Anuradha Roy’s All the Lives We Never Lived won the award in the English language category, while N Kalyan Raman’s translation of Perumal Murugan’s Tamil novel Poonachi into English won the Sahitya Akademi Prize for Translation.
- The award consists of a form of a casket containing an engraved copper plaque, a shawl, and a cash prize.
- Authors will be provided a cash prize of Rs 1,00,000 each, and translators, Rs 50,000 each, for their winning books.
Winners of the 2022 Sahitya Akademi Prize
- Assamese: Manoj Kumar Goswami, Bhool Satya (Short Stories)
- Bodo: Rashmi Choudhury, Sansrini Modira (Poetry)
- Dogri: Veena Gupta, Chhe Roopak (Drama)
- English: Anuradha Roy, All The Lives We Never Lived (Novel)
- Gujarati: Gulam Mohammad Shaikh, Gher Jatan (Autobiographical Essays)
- Hindi: Badri Narayan, Tumadi Ke Shabd (Poetry)
- Kannada: Mudnakudu Chinnaswamy, Bahutvada Bhaarata mattu Bouddha Taatvikate (Collection of Articles)
- Kashmiri: Farooq Fayaz, Zael Dab (Literary Criticism)
- Konkani: Maya Anil Kharangate, Amrutvel (Novel)
- Maithili: Ajit Azad, Pen-Drive Me Prithvi (Poetry)
- Malayalam: M Thomas Mathew, Ashaante Seethayanam (Literary Criticism)
- Manipuri: Koijam Shantibala, Leironnung (Poetry)
- Marathi: Praveen Dashrath Bandekar, Ujavya Sondechya Bahulya (Novel)
- Nepali: KB Nepali, Saino (Drama)
- Odia: Gayatribala Panda, Dayanadi (Poetry)
- Punjabi: Sukhjit, Main Aynghosh Nahi (Short Stories)
- Rajasthani: Kamal Ranga, Alekhun Amba (Play)
- Sanskrit: Janardan Prasad Pandey ‘Mani,’ Deepmanikyam (Poetry)
- Santhali: Kajli Soren (Jagannath Soren), Sabarnaka Balire Sanan Panjay (Poetry)
- Sindhi: Kanhaiyalal Lekhwani, Sindhi Sahit Jo Mukhtasar Itihas (Literary History)
- Tamil: M Rajendran, Kaala Paani (Novel)
- Telugu: Madhuranthakam Narendra, Manodharmaparagam (Novel)
- Urdu: Anis Ashfaq, Khwab Saraab (Novel)
Sastra Ramanujan Award 2022
Yunqing Tang Assistant Professor will be honored with the SASTRA Ramanujan Prize for 2022 at the University of California, Berkeley, USA. SASTRA Ramanujan Prize is instituted by the Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA) in 2005. The award contains a cash prize of $10,000.
- The award is presented every year to individuals aged 32 and below, who made an outstanding contribution to the field of mathematics.
- Yunqing Tang was born in China and completed her B.Sc at Peking University in 2011.
- She went to Harvard University for higher education.
- In 2016, she also finished her Ph.D. under the supervision of Mark Kisin.
National Consumer Day 2022
Every year, National Consumer Day is observed on 24 December in India, and the day of 15 March is observed as World Consumer Rights Day. It aims to highlight the importance of the consumer movement and spread awareness about the rights and responsibilities of every consumer. The day commemorates the day of December 24, 1986, when the Consumer Protection Act received the assent from the President of India.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
📣 Prepare Exams is now on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube Channel, and Google News to get all the latest News first Like, Follow and bookmark our website @ PrepareExams.com.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.