Daily Current Affairs 21st January 2023 in English: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF to crack your exams.
Vigyanika Science literature festival 2023
The Science Literature Festival ‘Vigyanika’ is being conducted at the Indian International Science Festival (IISF), Bhopal between the 22nd and 23rd of January 2023. The “Science Literature Festival” will be held as a part of the 8th India International Science Festival (IISF). International Science Literature Festival – Vigyanika has been conducted annually since 2015.
- The 8th IISF will be conducted jointly by the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Ministry of Science and Technology and Vigyan Bharati.
- The theme of the 8th edition of IISF is “Moving towards Amrit Kaal with Science, Technology and Innovation”.
- International Science Literature Festival – Vigyanika aims to promote science through science poetry, multilingual scientific literature, science drama and folk art and showcase the rich heritage of India by inculcating scientific temper among the masses.
- Almost 300 science writers, artists, journalists, young and budding writers, researchers, college students, children, science enthusiasts, science policymakers and citizens will join the big event.
FITUR – world’s largest international travel exhibitions
Ministry of Tourism participated in FITUR from 18th to 22nd January in Madrid, FITUR is one of the world’s largest international travel exhibitions and India’s participation at FITUR is significant to step up the recovery of inbound tourism to pre-pandemic levels. India conducted various Culture Performances, Yoga Sessions, Mehndi and Bollywood Dance Performances.
Brand Guardianship Index 2023
Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani has ranked second on Brand Finance’s list of the world’s top CEOs. as per Brand Finance’s Brand Guardianship Index 2023, Jensen Huang is in 1st position. Brand valuation consultancy Brand Finance releases the Brand Guardianship Index annually. It celebrates CEOs who balance the needs of commercial success with long-term brand building and personal reputation management.
- Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang topped the list of the world’s best CEOs for the company’s advancement into the next era of computing through a focus on artificial intelligence, digital biology, climate sciences, and autonomous vehicles and robotics.
- As per the Brand Guardianship Index 2023, Adobe’s Shantanu Narayen, while Google CEO Sundar Pichai ranked fourth and fifth spot respectively.
Brand Guardianship Index list 2023
- Jensen Huang Nvidia
- Mukesh Ambani Reliance
- Satya Nadella Microsoft
- Shantanu Narayen Adobe
- Sundar Pichai Google
- Punit Renjen Deloitte
- Fabrizio Freda Estee Lauder Companies
- Natarajan Chandrasekaran Tata
- Piyush Gupta DBS
- Huateng Ma Tencent
Largest human red ribbon chain
The National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) in Bhubaneswar’s Odisha set up the largest Human Red Ribbon Chain in the Kalinga stadium, aimed at raising awareness regarding the HIV AIDS disease on 19th January 2023. Odisha State AIDS Control Society, Health & Family Welfare Department of the Odisha government under the leadership of NACO organized the awareness programme with the Department of Sports & Youth Services & Hockey India.
4th edition of International Trade Fair “Millets & Organics -2023″
Chief Minister of Karnataka Shri Basavaraj Bommai inaugurated Millets & Organics 2023 – International Trade Fair at Tripuravasini, Bangalore. 4th edition of International Trade Fair “Millets & Organics -2023″ will be held from 20th January to 22nd January 2023.
- It acts as a platform for farmers, farmer groups, domestic and international companies, and central and state institutions in the organic and millet sector to connect and explore opportunities in agriculture, horticulture, processing, machinery and agri-technology.
Indigenous Mobile Operating System developed by IIT-Madras Incubated Firm
JandK Operations Private Limited (JandKops) developed the “BharOS”. “BharOS Service is a Mobile Operating System built on a foundation of trust, and will focus on providing users more freedom, control, and flexibility to choose and use only the apps that fit their needs, With NDA, PASS, and NOTA, BharOS ensures that Indian mobile phones are trustworthy,”
IREDA signs MoU with MNRE
Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd (IREDA) and the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government of India signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for setting annual performance targets for the year 2022-23. Bhupinder Singh Bhalla, Secretary, MNRE and Shri Pradip Kumar Das, Chairman & Managing Director (CMD), IREDA signed the MOU.
- Indian Govt targets to generate ₹ 3,361 crores for Revenue from Operation.
- The government of India also set various performance-related key parameters such as Return on Net Worth, Return on Capital Employed, NPA to Total Loans, Asset Turnover Ratio and Earning per share, etc.
Indian Ports Association and RIS signed a Mou Centre for Maritime Economy and Connectivity
In order to set up a Centre for Maritime Economy and Connectivity, Indian Ports Association (IPA) and Research & Information System for Developing Countries (RIS) signed a Memorandum of Agreement. The project of the Transhipment Port at Galathea bay at Greater Nicobar in Andaman & Nicobar Islands would be the future and will be advantageous for the BIMSTEC Nations. Prime Minister Modi’s GatiShakti initiative will go beyond the shores of India to derive benefits from the neighbouring Countries’ ports.
Inaugural Edition of Indo-Egypt Joint Training Exercise Cyclone – I begins in Rajasthan
The first ever joint exercise named “Exercise Cyclone-I” between the special forces of the Indian Army and the Egyptian Army commenced at Jaisalmer in Rajasthan on 14 January 2023. The “Exercise Cyclone-I” aims to bolster defence cooperation between the two nations and focus on sharing professional skills and interoperability of Special Forces in desert terrain while undertaking counter-terrorism, reconnaissance, raids and other special operations.
Exercise “Cyclone – I”
- It is the first exercise that will help in bringing the special forces of both nations on a common platform.
- It will be held for 14 days.
- It is being carried out in the deserts of Rajasthan and engages both the contingents to advance special forces skills such as Sniping, Combat Free Fall, Reconnaissance, Surveillance & Target Designation, sharing of information on weapons, equipment, innovations, tactics, techniques & procedures.
- The joint exercise will help in fostering military cooperation and interoperability to further strengthen the diplomatic relations between India and Egypt.
Praveen Sharma (IDSE) appointed as Director of National Health Authority
Praveen Sharma (IDSE) has been appointed as Director of the National Health Authority (Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission) for a period of five years with effect from the date of taking over charge of the post or until further orders. Ministry of Health & Family Welfare issued an order on January 19, 2023, from the Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT).
- Sharma is an Indian Defense Service of Engineers (IDSE) officer of the 2005 batch.
Best sustainable green field airport award
GMR Goa International Airport (GGIAL) received the ‘Best Sustainable Greenfield Airport’ award under aviation sustainability and environment at ASSOCHAM’s 14th International Conference-cum-Awards for Civil Aviation 2023. GMR Goa International Airport won the award for “excellent initiatives” taken by GGIAL in implementing sustainability as one of the core concepts.
International Environment & Safety Best Practices Award 2023
Greentech Foundation, New Delhi presented the prestigious Greentech International Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Best Practices Award 2023 to SJVN (Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam) Limited. Awards are presented to organizations presenting the highest level of commitment to environmental protection practices.
World Chess Championship Tournament 2023
The International Chess Federation (FIDE) World Chess Championship will be held in Astana, Kazakhstan and will be conducted from April 7 to May 1, 2023. The tournament will include a total of 14 rounds of matches and the winner can win a prize money of 2 million Euros.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.