Daily Current Affairs 20th December 2022: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
63rd session of Indian Historical Records Committee begins in Lucknow
On 18 December 2022, The National Archives of India (NAI) conducted a Two-day 63rd session of the Indian Historical Records Committee (IHRC), which got underway at Uttar Pradesh State Archives’ Mahanagar Extension office. 63rd IHRC Session will include inaugural and business sessions on the first day and academic sessions on the second and the concluding day.
- Scholars will present a total of 24 academic papers based on original sources of post-16th-century of Indian history on various aspects of history during the event.
The world’s largest agro-tourism site will be built in Dubai
The world’s largest agro-tourism site will be built in the shape of an Anaconda in the Dubai desert to create a new type of recreational site combining both agriculture and tourism. URB’s Agri Hub will boast a nature and heritage conservation center, ecotourism and restorative wellness facilities, and an Agri-tech institute creating a collaborative research and innovation ecosystem.
“Namma School Scheme” launched in Tamil Nadu
On 19th December 2022, Chief Minister M.K.Stalin launched a new scheme called “Namma School” in order to improve government schools across Tamil Nadu. ‘Namma School Scheme’ aims to improve the basic facilities of the schools with the aim of encouraging former students who have studied in government schools and are currently holding high positions in various industry organizations, former students who are businessmen, socially concerned organizations (NGOs) to adopt government schools through their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) funds.
IISc Bangalore developed air-filter to deactivate germs
As per the University of Chicago report, Indian citizens have lost 5-10 years of their lives because of air-borne contaminants leading to respiratory diseases, aimed at avoiding it A newly-developed air filter supported by special grants from the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) can deactivate the germs, ‘self-cleaning’ them out of the system, using ingredients commonly found in green tea.
- IISc Bangalore developed an air filter to deactivate germs to inactivate germs using ingredients such as polyphenols and polycationic polymers commonly found in green tea.
Mansukh Mandaviya launches the e-consultancy services under e-Sanjeevani initiative in Telangana
Union Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya launched the e-consultancy services under the e-Sanjeevani initiative at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Bibinagar in Telangana. India needs to improve digital services in the medical field so that the data relating to patients can be maintained for reference, Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya said.
Gross Direct Tax collections for the (FY) 2022-23
The figures of Direct Tax collections for the Financial Year 2022-23, as of 17.12.2022 show that net collections are at Rs. 11,35,754 crore, compared to Rs. 9,47,959 crore in the corresponding period of the preceding Financial Year i.e FY 2021-22, representing an increase of 19.81%. The Net Direct Tax collection of Rs. 11,35,754 crore (as on 17.12.2022) includes Corporation Tax (CIT) at Rs. 6,06,679 crore (net of refund) and Personal Income Tax (PIT) including Securities Transaction Tax(STT) at Rs. 5,26,477 crore (net of refund).
- The Gross collection of Direct Taxes (before adjusting for refunds) for the FY 2022-23 stands at Rs. 13,63,649 crore compared to Rs. 10,83,150 crore in the corresponding period of the preceding financial year, registering a growth of 25.90% over collections of F.Y. 2021-22.
AR. L. Sundaresan appointed Additional Solicitor General
The Centre has appointed designated senior counsel AR. L. Sundaresan as the Additional Solicitor General for the High Court of Madras for a period of three years from the date of assumption of charge of the respective posts by the two senior counsel or until further orders, whichever was earlier. The appointment of incumbent R. Sankaranarayanan to the post of ASG (southern zone) was approved by the Appointments Committee of the Union Cabinet.
Who is ARL Sundaresan –
- Sundaresan is the son of former Supreme Court judge AR. Lakshmanan.
- He was born on November 24, 1967.
- He completed his five-year law course at the Madras Law College in 1990.
- He was designated as a senior counsel in February 2006.
- He also served as the president of the Madras Bar Association between 2018 and 2020.
- He served as the standing counsel for the All India Council for Technical Education, Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, and Alagappa University in Karaikudi.
Karthikeya Sivasenapathy appointed as President of newly constituted ‘Tamil Diaspora Welfare Board’
Karthikeya Sivasenapathy has been appointed as President of the newly constituted ‘Tamil Diaspora Welfare Board’ for a period of three years from the date of promulgation of the order. Tamil Nadu Govt issued orders for the appointment of the Chairman and Members of the “Diaspora Tamil Welfare Board” created for the welfare of Tamils living in foreign states and abroad.
The non-governmental members of the board
- Arumugam Parasuraman, Muhammad Faisal, Siddiqui Syed Meeran, Caldwell Velnambi, Gopalakrishnan Venkataramanan alias GV Ram, A. Meeran, and lawyer Pramakanti.
Sargam Koushal wins Mrs World 2022 title after 21 years
Mrs World 2022: Sargam Koushal made history as she finally won the Mrs. World 2022 title after 21 years while competing for India in the pageant. The 32-year-old Sargam won the competition in Las Vegas after defeating competitors from 63 other nations.
Sargam Kaushal Mrs. World 2022
- Sargam Koushal defeated Mrs. Polynesia to win the title.
- The Jammu and Kashmir-born beauty queen previously worked as a teacher in Vizag.
- She is shown beaming in photographs from her historic victory that were posted on the Mrs. India pageant’s official Instagram account. “The long wait is over; the CROWN is returned after 21 years!”.
Who is Mrs. India 2022 Sargam Koushal?
- Sargam Koushal is an Indian contestant and won the title of Mrs. World on 18th December 2022 at a gala held in Las Vegas.
- Sargam Koushal from Mumbai was presented the crown by Mrs. World 2021 Shaylyn Ford of the US.
- Sargam Koushal is originally from Jammu and Kashmir.
- She has a master’s degree in English literature and reportedly also served as a teacher in the past.
- She received Mrs. India World 2022–23 in June of this year.
Nations Cup Hockey Tournament 2022
The first Women’s Nations Cup hockey tournament was held in Valencia Spain with 8 teams. The final match was played between India and Spain, India won the finals by defeating Spain. Indian captain and goalkeeper Savita Punia was awarded the best goalkeeper of the series.
Pro Kabaddi League 2022
The final match of the 9th Pro Kabaddi League was held between Sunil Kumar-led Jaipur Pink Panthers and Basel Atrasali-led Puneri Paltan. The Jaipur team won the 9th Pro Kabaddi League series and beat the Puneri Paltan team. Thus, Jaipur won the title of Pro Kabaddi champion for the 2nd time in the Pro Kabaddi league series.
Commonwealth Youth Chess Tournament 2022
The Commonwealth Youth Chess Tournament took place in Sri Lanka and many players from 17 countries of the world participated in the tournament. Tamilnadu player Kanishka from Madurai received the gold medal in the women’s under-16 category in the competition.
- He also achieved many achievements at the state level, national level, and international levels.
International Human Solidarity Day 2022
Every year, International Human Solidarity Day (IHSD) is observed on December 20 across the world and it is an international annual unity day of the United Nations and its member states. International Human Solidarity Day aims to recognize the universal value of solidarity by making member states aware of global objectives and initiatives to reduce poverty and to formulate and share poverty reduction strategies of independent nations around the world.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.