Daily Current Affairs 17th December 2022: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
Modernization of Post Offices
The Government approved the Department of Posts Information Technology Modernization Project 2.0 with an outlay of ₹ 5785 Crore for a period of eight years. The Information Technology Modernization Project 2.0 unites applications, intelligent platforms, and interconnected ecosystems. it will provide an inclusive, integrated single-window view of postal and financial services to its stakeholders through multiple delivery channels.
Paradip Port achieves milestones by handling highest number of goods
On 14th December 2022, Paradip Port accomplished another milestone by handling the highest-ever cargo traffic of 6, 49,730 Metric Tons in a single day. Paradip Port berthed MV Golden Barnet, a Cape vessel of 16.20 mtr draft carrying 1,46,554 Tonnes of Coking Coal at KICT Berth after dredging of the northern dock.
“DIVYAKALSHAKTI” 2022 at Guwahati
The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) (Divyangjan), Government of India will conduct “DIVYAKALSHAKTI” -2022 at GMCH Auditorium, Guwahati on 17th December 2022. In this regional “Divya Kala Shakti” event Divyangjan across the North Eastern region will perform and showcase their talents in the field of dance, song, fine arts, and so on. In fact, almost 25 items will be shown by 102 numbers of Divyangjan artists.
US Senate passes National Defense Authorization Act
The U.S. The Senate has passed legislation authorizing a record $858 billion in annual defense spending including $10 billion in security aid for Taiwan and $800 million for Ukraine. moreover, Senators supported the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) setting policy for the Pentagon with an 83-11 bipartisan majority.
- The NDAA also contains a number of other measures like repealing the military’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate, raising military pay, and imposing restrictions on engagement with Russia.
First Deaf Lawyer, Saudamini Pethe, Enrolls With Delhi Bar Council
The first deaf advocate Saudamini Pethe registered with the Bar Council of Delhi — wants to work for the rights of the hearing impaired and help them gain access to education, healthcare, and justice. The 45-year-old woman lawyer Saudamini Pethe will argue her matters in courts through the medium of an Indian Sign Language (ISL) interpreter.
- She will also seek to be an inspiration for deaf youth to join the legal profession and contribute to the cause of their community.
- Saudamini Pethe was born in Mumbai’s Dombivli.
- Pethe completed her masters in English from Mumbai University in 2000.
- She learned the ISL in 2008 while working as a documentation executive at the Noida Deaf Society.
- Currently, she is the director of the All India Foundation of Deaf Women and a trustee at the Access Mantra Foundation.
- She holds an LLB at the Institute of Law and Research, Faridabad, and completed her course in August 2022 after getting enrolled with the Bar in November.
NHIDCL signs MoU with NIT Manipur
National Highways & Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd (NHIDCL) has signed a Memorandum of Understandings with prestigious institutes including IIT Roorkee, IIT Kanpur, CSIR-CRRI, NSDC, IIT Patna, NIT Srinagar, NIT Agartala, NIT Silchar, NIT Uttarakhand, NIT Nagaland NIT Sikkim, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Mandi, and NIT Jote, Arunachal Pradesh during the current year 2022-23 for promoting innovative technologies to find pragmatic solutions to the challenges posed in the construction of highways facing extreme climatic conditions.
- The MoU was signed between Prof.(Dr) Gautam Sutradhar, Director NIT Manipur, and Sh. Chanchal Kumar, Managing Director, NHIDCL.
- Prior to this, NHIDCL signed MoUs with IIT Bombay & IIT Guwahati and is in further discussions with other IITs, and NITs for the signing of such MoUs.
MoU signed between IGNCA and CSIR-TKDL
The Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) and the CSIR-Traditional Knowledge Digital Library (CSIR-TKDL) Unit signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in New Delhi for cooperation related to digitization and inclusion of information on traditional knowledge of India from manuscripts and traditional cultural expressions.
- India will have over two crore manuscripts containing valuable information on Indian heritage and traditional knowledge (TK).
India successfully tests Agni V missile
India successfully tested the nuclear-capable Agni V missile capable of striking targets at ranges up to 5,000 kilometers with a very high degree of accuracy from the APJ Abdul Kalam Island off Odisha coast. India Scienteets conducted the night trials of the Agni V nuclear-capable ballistic missile after Indian and Chinese troops clash in the Tawang district of Arunachal Pradesh.
- The test aimed to validate new technologies and equipment on the missile.
- The new version is lighter than before.
- The trial proved the capability to enhance the range of the Agni V missile.
Agni V missile Project
- The Agni V project aims to enhance India’s nuclear deterrence against China, which is known to have missiles like Dongfeng-41 having ranges between 12,000-15,000 km.
- The Agni 1 to 4 missiles have ranges from 700 km to 3,500 km
Bank of England raises its key interest rate to 3.5% from 3%
Bank of England increased its key interest rate to 3.5% from 3% which is the 9th rate rise in a row as the Bank tries to speed inflation’s return to target after price growth hit a 41-year high in October 2022. The Bank of England’s Monetary Policy Committee voted 6-3 in favor of the move.
- The decision follows the U.S. Federal Reserve’s decision on Wednesday to raise its main rate by half a point.
Sri Lanka’s GDP lowered by 11.8% in the third quarter of 2022
Sri Lanka’s gross domestic product has contracted by 11.8% in the third quarter of 2022. The quarterly performance was the worst so far this year as the GDP has contracted 7.1% over the period from January to September 2022.
- Sri Lanka is facing its worst-ever economic crisis which involved two years of money printing and a currency collapse.
- The island nation registered the biggest decline in industries at 21.2% while services contracted by 2.6% and Agriculture was estimated to have declined by 8.7%.
Ajay Yadav appointed as Controller of TNPSC exam
Ajay Yadav has been appointed as the new Controller of Examinations of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC). Ajay Yadav served as managing director of Elcot. Kiran Kurala, who was earlier the Examination Control Officer, has been elected as the Director of Municipalities.
Mysterious Circles of Radio Emission Detected in Space
New research offers plausible explanations for mysterious hazy circles of radio emission deep in celestial space called Odd Radio Circles (ORCs) detected using some of the most sensitive international radio telescopes.
- Astronomers identified these ORCs using the Square Kilometer Array (SKA) in Australia & South Africa, the Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope (GMRT) in India, and the Low-Frequency Array (LOFAR) in the Netherlands.
World Champions List 2022
International Tennis Federation (ITF) announced Iga Swiatek and Rafael Nadal as the World Champions 2022. Swiatek won the world championship for the first time, and Rafael Nadal won the title for the 5th time.
- In women’s doubles, Barbara-Kathrina, and in men’s doubles, Rajeev Ram-Joe Salisbury was declared world champions.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.