Daily Current Affairs 15th January 2023: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF to crack your exams.
Jyotiraditya Scindia flagged off direct daily flight between Kolhapur-Bengaluru
Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia inaugurated a direct flight from Kolhapur to Bengaluru and Minister of State for Civil Aviation, Gen. Dr Vijay Kumar Singh (Rtd.) was also present on this occasion. Rs 245 Crores have been spent for the construction of a new airport terminal, expansion of the runway, and the establishment of an ATC tower.
- The flight started operating on 13th January 2023.
Dr Jitendra Singh launches “Geospatial Hackathon” to promote Innovation and Start-Ups in India’s Geospatial ecosystem
On 14th January 2023, Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh launched the “Geospatial Hackathon” to promote Innovation and Start-Ups in India’s Geospatial ecosystem. “Geospatial Hackathon” aims to promote partnerships not only among the public and private geospatial sectors and will also strengthen our country’s geospatial Start-Up ecosystem.
- “Geospatial Hackathon” will be ended on 10th March 2023 and there will be Two Sets of Challenges- A research Challenge and a Startp-Up Challenge.
MCD receives property tax of Rs 55.37 crore under SAMRIDDHI amnesty scheme
The Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) has raised a property tax of Rs 55.37 crore under a one-time amnesty Strengthening and Augmentation of Municipal Revenue for Infrastructure Development in Delhi (SAMRIDDHI) Scheme launched in October 2022. SAMRIDDHI scheme was launched on October 26th, 2022 and it will end on March 31, 2023, with no further extension.
- Under the Strengthening and Augmentation of Municipal Revenue for Infrastructure Development in Delhi (SAMRIDDHI) scheme, property owners of authorised and regularised colonies can settle all property tax-related liabilities by paying property tax on the residential properties for the current year and the previous five years.
- The scheme was launched by Delhi Lt Governor V K Saxena in October 2022.
Dhaka International Film Festival begins
On 14th January 2023, The 21st Dhaka International Film Festival (DIFF) was started in Dhaka. Foreign Minister Dr A K Abdul Momen inaugurated the festival at the National Museum auditorium. it is the biggest film festival in Bangladesh and will show 252 films from 71 countries during the festival between 14-22 January at multiple venues in Dhaka.
- DIFF will showcase 4 films by the renowned French new-wave filmmaker Fracois Truffaut.
Two Indian Coast Guard Ships reach Bangladesh on a 6-day visit
Two Indian Coast Guard Ships ICGS Sharuya and ICGS Rajveer reached Chattogram for a six-day visit on 13th January 2023, aimed at the close cooperation between the Coast Guards of Bangladesh and India.
- It is an Advanced Offshore Patrol Vessel (AOPV) designed and built by M/s Goa Shipyard Limited.
- It is an Inshore Patrol Vessel (IPV) designed and built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders, Kolkata.
- It consists of advanced navigation and communication equipment, sensors and machinery imparting the ship’s wide-ranging capabilities for search and rescue, maritime law enforcement and marine pollution response operations.
K. Tarakarama Rao to participate in World Economic Forum
Telangana Industries Minister K. Tarakarama Rao will lead a delegation from the State to the World Economic Forum (WEF). World Economic Forum (WEF) will be held from 16th January 2023 in Davos, Switzerland.
- The delegation will show the State as an investment destination for global firms during the meetings and interactions, emphasising the progressive and industry-friendly policies of the Telangana government.
Worlds longest River Cruise MV Ganga Vilas arrives at Bangla Ghat in Bihar
World’s longest River Cruise MV Ganga Vilas arrived at Bangla Ghat in Buxar in Bihar and is on the way to Dibrugarh via Bangladesh. The maiden voyage of Ganga Vilas is going ahead with 32 tourists from Switzerland relishing the Varanasi to Dibrugarh journey.
- All tourists will see different tourist places of Buxar including the War memorial and Sita Ram Upadhya Museum.
- The cruise will reach Patna on 16th January 2023 after visiting Chirand archaeological site in the Saran district.
- On 13th January 2023, Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off MV Ganga Vilas.
- The Cruise will cover a 3,200 km voyage being pitched as the world’s longest.
Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar is on his maiden visit to Maharashtra
Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar arrived in Mumbai on 14th January 2023 with his wife Dr Sudesh Dhankhar for his maiden visit to Maharashtra after assuming the office as the Vice President. Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar was welcomed by Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari, and Minister Mangal Prabhat Lodha at Mumbai airport.
- He also visited Shree Siddhivinayak Temple.
- He became the Chief Guest of the annual ‘Aditya Birla Memorial Polo Cup Championship, organized by the Amateur Riders’ Club.
Himachal Pradesh govt restores old pension scheme in first cabinet meeting
The Himachal Pradesh government announced to restart of the old pension scheme in its first cabinet meeting, held on 13th January 2023. The Cabinet will provide OPS to all the Government employees who are presently covered under the defined contributory pension scheme also referred to as NPS to benefit almost 1.36 lakh NPS employees in the State.
- The first meeting was presided over by Chief Minister Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu in Shimla.
Bhupendra Yadav inaugurated the Regional Office of Employees Provident Fund Organization in Alwar, Rajasthan
On 13th January 2023, Union Labour Minister Bhupendra Yadav inaugurated the Regional Office of Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) in Alwar, Rajasthan. it will benefit over 2 lakh members and 8500 pensioners working in about 12000 establishments of Alwar and neighbouring districts of Bharatpur and Dhaulpur.
- Regional Office, Jaipur has been split into two Regional Offices namely Regional Office Jaipur and Regional Office Alwar.
Centre forms Joint Review Mission for West Bengal to review implementation of PM POSHAN Scheme
The Govt of India has formed Joint Review Mission (JRM) for West Bengal to review the implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Poshan Shakti Nirman (PM POSHAN) Scheme. Joint Review Mission (JRM) will review the fund flow from State to Schools and implementing agencies, the availability of Management Structure at various levels and the Creation of Capital Assets.
G-20’s First Infrastructure Working Group Meeting in Pune
Under G20 India Presidency, The first G-20 Infrastructure Working Group (IWG) meeting will be held between 16th-17th January 2023 in Pune. Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Government of India along with Australia and Brazil as the co-chairs will host the 1st G-20 Infrastructure Working Group (IWG) meeting.
- It will focus on infrastructure investments, including developing infrastructure as an asset class; promoting quality infrastructure investment; and identifying innovative instruments for mobilizing financial resources for infrastructure investment.
- The Indian G20 Presidency’s theme is ‘One Earth, One Family, One Future’.
- The flagship priority “Financing Cities of Tomorrow: Inclusive, Resilient and Sustainable” will be discussed during the meeting.
India increased ethanol blending in petrol from 1.53% in 2013-14 to 10.17% in 2022
India has increased the ethanol blending in petrol from 1.53% in 2013-14 to 10.17% in 2022, Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Hardeep Singh Puri said at Auto Expo-2023 at Greater Noida. India will target to achieve 20% ethanol blending in petrol by 2025-26.
- Indian Govt is establishing five 2G ethanol bio-refineries in Haryana, Punjab, Odisha, Assam and Karnataka.
- Govt is also launching a Global Alliance on Biofuels, along with USA and Brazil during its Presidency of G20.
Hockey World Cup 2023: India beat Spain 2-0 in Rourkela
India defeated Spain 2-0 in FIH Hockey Men’s World Cup. the match was played at Birsa Munda Hockey Stadium, Rourkela. Amit Rohidas and Hardik Singh scored for India. on the other hand, England defeated Wales 5-0 and Australia beat France 8-0 in their first pool match of the tournament.
Yuki Bhambri, Saketh Myneni wins Bangkok Open tennis title
In Tennis, Yuki Bhambri and Saketh Myneni won the Bangkok Open title and defeated Christopher Rungkat and Akira Santillan by 2-6 7-6, 14-12 at Nonthaburi, Thailand. Both will participate in the Australian Open-the season’s first Grand Slam.
LIANG Wei Keng and Wang Chang enter to Malaysia Open Final
Men’s doubles pair Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty were defeated by the Chinese pair of LIANG Wei Keng and Wang Chang by 16-21, 21-11 and 15-21 in the semifinals of the Malaysia Open.
- Indian ace shuttler H.S Prannoy was defeated by Japan’s Kodai Naraoka by 16-21, 21-19, and 10-21 in the quarterfinal.
- In the women’s singles, PV Sindhu and Saina Nehwal were out of the Malaysia Open in the first round.
MP Shri Santokh Singh Chaudhary died at 76
Lok Sabha MP from Jalandhar constituency Santokh Singh Chaudhary died at the age of 76 after suffering a cardiac arrest during the Bharat Jodo Yatra. Santokh Singh Chaudhary was an Indian politician and was a Cabinet Minister of Punjab and a member of parliament from Jalandhar.
- In 2014, He won the Indian general election and the 2019 Indian general election being an Indian National Congress candidate.
- He was born on 18 June 1946.
- 76-year-old MP died on 14 January 2023, after suffering a heart attack during Bharat Jodo Yatra in Phillaur.
75th Indian Army Day observed on 15 January 2023
Every year, Indian Army Day is observed with tremendous zeal on January 15 in India. the day marks Field Marshal Kodandera Madappa Cariappa (K. M. Cariappa), who’d been the Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Army.
- On this day, a military parade and many other martial displays are held to mark this day at Delhi Cantonment’s Cariappa Parade Ground.
- In 2023, Indians will celebrate the 75th Indian Army Day with almost the same pride, zeal and passion.
7th Armed Forces Veterans’ Day celebrated
Every year, Armed Forces Veterans Day is observed on January 14th. it aims to honour the sacrifice of our veterans in serving the country. Armed Forces Veterans Day was called Armistice Day. in 2023, Indians will celebrate the 7th Armed Forces Veterans Day.
- Armed Forces Veterans Day marks the services served by Field Marshal KM Cariappa OBE who was India’s 1st Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Armed Forces.
- KM Cariappa retired on January 14 in 1953.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.