Daily Current Affairs 15th December 2022: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
Govt published a list of gold smuggling statistics in the country
As per the central government statistics, Kerala ranks first in gold smuggling in the country. Followed by, Tamil Nadu ranks second on the list. In Kerala, the highest number of smuggled gold in the country has been seized through 4 international airports during the last 4 years.
‘Biotech-Krishi Innovation Science Application Network’ (Biotech-KISAN)
Department of Biotechnology funded 51 Biotech-Kisan hubs, out of which forty-four are operational. Union minister Jitendra Singh said that the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) is implementing a farmers-centric mission program called ‘Biotech-Krishi Innovation Science Application Network’ (Biotech-KISAN). “The program connects Indian farmers with the best scientists and institutions.”
- Biotech-Krishi Innovation Science Application Network’ (Biotech-KISAN) aims to work with small and marginal farmers for better agriculture productivity through scientific intervention and evolving best farming practices.
Biotech Kisan Hub
- Biotech KISAN Hub is a joint project between the Department of Biotechnology(DBT), the Ministry of Science & Technology, the Government of India, and implementing institutions.
- The basic axiom of this project is “India’s Farmers Partner with Indian and Global Best in Science for India’s Future”.
Objectives of Biotech-KISAN Hub
- It aims to work with small and marginal farmers especially woman farmer for better agriculture productivity through scientific intervention and evolving best farming practices in the Indian context.
7th India Water Impact Summit 2022
The Union Minister for Jal Shakti Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat will inaugurate the 7th India Water Impact Summit (IWIS 2022) on 15th December 2022. The 7th India Water Impact Summit (IWIS 2022) will be held from 15th to 17th December 2022 at Dr. Ambedkar International Centre, New Delhi by National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) and Center for Ganga River Basin Management and Studies (cGanga).
- It aims to impart impetus towards developing water and environmental infrastructure to protect rivers and water bodies in India.
7th India Water Impact Summit – Theme
- The theme of the 7th India Water Impact Summit (IWIS 2022) is ‘Restoration and Conservation of Small Rivers in a Large Basin’, aimed at the emphasis on the select aspects of ‘Mapping and Convergence of 5Ps’ – People, Policy, Plan, Programme, and Project.
States with higher number of cybercrime police stations list in India
The Govt of India announced the list of states with the highest number of cybercrime police stations across the country. As per the list of states with the highest number of cybercrime police stations across the country, Tamil Nadu tops the list with a maximum of 46 cyber crime police stations and followed by, Maharashtra in the 2nd spot with 43 cyber crime police stations.
- The Govt also shared the information that reporting cyber crimes can be done through the website cybercrime.gov.in.
Tamil Nadu Cabinet Ministers Reshuffled After Appointment Of Udhayanidhi
The Tamil Nadu cabinet Ministers and their portfolios have been reshuffled on the recommendation of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin. The Tamil Nadu Governor RN Ravi also has given his approval for the change of portfolios and subject allocations.
- An actor and the owner of the state’s largest Tamil film production and distribution company, Red Giant Movies, Udhayanidhi (45) has been given portfolios including youth welfare, sports development, special program implementation, poverty alleviation, and rural indebtedness.
- Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Minister P.K. Sekarbabu got an additional charge of the Chennai Metropolitan Development Authority (CMDA).
- K. Ramachandran, Minister for Forests, has been re-designated as Minister for Tourism
- Minister for Backward Classes Welfare R.S. Rajakannappan is ready to hold additional subjects such as the Khadi and Village Industries Board.
- Mr. Udhayanidhi Stalin is given Youth Welfare and Sports Development.
- Palanivel Thiaga Rajan, Minister for Finance and Human Resources Management got the additional subjects of pensions, pensionary benefits, and statistics.
Literary Festival in Chennai – 2023
The literary festival will be celebrated for three days between 06.01.2023 and 08.01.2023 at Anna Centenary Library Complex, In Chennai, the capital city of Tamil Nadu. Literary Festival in Chennai – 2023 will invite literary readers to literary works, peaks of culture, and exhibition halls with dialogues of great personalities to guide college students toward literature.
First skin donation surgery in Jaipur
The First skin bank of India at Jaipur’s Sawai Mansingh Hospital, established in June 2022, got its first skin donation on 14 December 2022. 50-year-old Anita Goyal was declared brain dead and her relatives upon the advice of the doctors, agreed to skin donation, and thereafter the state’s first skin cadaveric donation was successfully conducted.
- A team of five senior doctors carried out the surgery in the plastic surgery department. Dr. Rakesh roled as the Head of the Plastic Surgery department
Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin inaugurates Aavin ice-cream plant in Salem
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M K Stalin inaugurated the state-owned Aavin ice-cream factory established at a cost of Rs 12.26 crore in Salem. The state-of-the-art facility can produce 6,000 pieces of ice creams in the form of cones and cups in various flavors measuring 50 ml, 100 ml, 500 ml, and 1 liter which would be sold through the retail outlets.
- The new factory at Salem has been established on a 9,210 sq ft area and will meet the needs for Salem, Coimbatore and Erode districts.
- Aavin offers milk and milk by-products like ghee, milk powder, paneer, butter, palkova, curd, buttermilk, lassi, yogurt, flavored milk, sweets, ice cream, kulfi, chocolate, and cookies to the consumers.
Sports Minister Udhayanidhi Stalin approves inclusion of Silambam, Kabaddi in games for Chief Minister’s Trophy
Youth Welfare and Sports Development Minister Udhayanidhi Stalin signed three files including one to include Silambam and Kabaddi at all levels, in the State games for the Chief Minister’s Trophy conducted by the Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu (SDAT). Udhayanidhi Stalin assumed office and was sworn-in on 14th December 2022.
- Under the Pensions for needy sportspersons Scheme, Kabaddi players H. Jaffar and K. Krishnamoorthy from Karur district and A. Christopher from Thoothukudi, powerlifting player G. Ponsadayan from Salem, S. Jagannathan from Coimbatore, R. Kuthalingam from Tenkasi, weightlifting player V. Govindaraj from Tiruvarur, ball badminton player A.L. Kaleel Rahman from Coimbatore and chess player S. Sivarajan from Kanniyakumari district will be provided Pensions.
- Players will be provided ₹3,000 per month from March 2022 to August 2022 and from August, they will get ₹6,000 per month.
- Udhayanidhi signed to provide ₹4 lakh to Ms. Niveditha Nair, who won a silver medal in the pistol competition at the Junior World Championship held in Peru by the International Shooting Sport Federation in 2021.
Senior Dr. PC Rath elected as President of Cardiological Society of India
A senior cardiologist from Hyderabad, Dr. PC Rath, has been formally appointed as president of the Cardiological Society of India (CSI) for the year 2023-24. at present, Dr. PC Rath is serving as a senior consultant cardiologist and head of the department of Cardiology at Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee Hills.
- He led various percutaneous cardiac interventions including complex coronary angioplasty and stenting, robotic angioplasty, and percutaneous valve treatment procedures.
Cardiological Society of India (CSI)
- The CSI is a national body of cardiologists in the country.
- It has more than 5,000 members.
- It was established in 1948 under the stewardship of Bharat Ratna Dr. Vidhan Shankar Roy, who served as the first president of the society.
SEAL Business sustainability award 2022
Samsung received the SEAL Business Sustainability Award in the year 2022 for transforming fishing nets into high-performance, recycled materials for Galaxy devices. SEAL Awards announced the winners of the 2022 SEAL Business Sustainability Awards, honoring their leadership, innovation, and commitment to sustainable business practices on December 12, 2022.
- The SEAL Business Sustainability Awards are presented every year.
- The winner is judged by “a panel of sustainability and environmental, social and governance (ESG) experts.”
- The SEAL Business Sustainability Awards aim to recognize the most impactful companies that promote sustainability and are actively working toward the betterment of the environment.
Junior World Cup Fencing 2022
The Junior Women’s Fencing World Cup (Fencing) 2022 will be conducted in Bangkok, the capital of Thailand, it will be held on December 16 and 17, 2022. Tamil Nadu player Joyce Ashita is ready to participate in this tournament to represent India.
India wins 6 gold medals at 19th International Junior Science Olympiad
India topped the 19th International Junior Science Olympiad (IJSO), 2022 with 6 gold medals, held in Bogota, Colombia, from December 2 to December 12th, 2022. This is the third consecutive year and fourth overall that India made an all-gold performance at the IJSO.
- India won the award for Best Team and is the only country to win six gold medals.
- Three members of the Indian contingent also jointly won a bronze in the Experimental category.
- The team included Aritra Malhotra (Delhi), Rajdeep Mishra (Jamnagar), Devesh Bhaiya (Jalgaon), Vasu Vijay (Kota), Banibrata Majee (Hyderabad), and Avaneesh Bansal (Dehradun).
19th International Junior Science Olympiad – Winners
- Arittra Malhotra from Delhi,
- Rajdeep Mishra from Jamnagar,
- Avaneesh Bansal from Dehradun,
- Vasu Vijay from Kota,
- Devesh Pankaj Bhayiya from Jalgaon and
- Banibrata Majee from Hyderabad.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.