Daily Current Affairs 14th December 2022: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
UIDAI tops in Grievance Redressal Index during November 2022
The unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) topped amongst all Ministries/Departments for resolving Public Grievances in the ranking report which has been released by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) for the month of November 2022. UIDAI performed at the top in the resolution of cases received through the Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS).
- UIDAI is committed to serving residents of India and has been a catalyst for both ease of living and ease of doing business.
- UIDAI contains a robust grievance redressal mechanism in place comprising of UIDAI HQ Divisions, Regional Offices, Technology Centre, and engaged Contact Centre partners and enables to the resolution of around 92% of CRM Grievances within 7 days.
- UIDAI’s newly launched Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI-ML) based Chatbot, named ‘Aadhaar Mitra’ becomes popular among residents.
- It has been featured in a popular TV quiz show hosted by a famous film star.
- Around 30,000 conversations on ‘Aadhaar Mitra’ happen on a daily basis.
- The new chatbot offers enhanced features such as checking Aadhaar enrollment/update status, tracking of Aadhaar PVC card status, information on enrollment center location, and so on.
- It is available in both English and Hindi languages.
UIDAI State-of-the-art Open Source CRM solution
- UIDAI launched a State-of-the-art Open Source CRM solution soon. The new Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution is designed with advanced features that will help in enhancing UIDAI service delivery to residents.
- The new CRM solution offers support for multi-channels including Phone Calls, Emails, chatbots, Web portals, Social Media, letters, and walk-ins through which the grievances can be lodged, tracked, and resolved effectively.
India Will Be First To Hold Satellite Spectrum Auction
Telecom regulator Trai chairman PD Vaghela said that India will be the first country in the world to auction spectrum for satellite communication, and it should be designed to attract investments in the sector. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) is to make recommendations to make permissions required for satellite communication from various ministries — Information and Broadcasting, Space and Telecom — seamless to enhance the ease of doing business in the sector, said by Vaghela at a Broadband India Forum summit on SatCom.
- TRAI got a reference for the spectrum required to be put to auction and associated aspects of satellite-based communication from the Department of Telecommunication.
New Zealand passes world-first tobacco law to ban smoking for youth
New Zealand passed the world-first tobacco law to ban smoking for the next generation and has imposed a lifetime ban on young people buying cigarettes. As per the new law, tobacco can’t ever be sold to anybody born on or after January 1, 2009.
- health authorities have a stated goal of making New Zealand smoke-free by 2025.
- The new law drops the number of retailers allowed to sell tobacco from about 6,000 to 600 and decreases the amount of nicotine allowed in tobacco that is smoked.
- The bill will help in creating generational change and leave a legacy of better health for youth.
- Statistics New Zealand reports last month that 8% of New Zealand adults smoked daily, down from 16% ten years ago.
- 8.3% of adults vaped daily, up from less than 1% six years ago, data showed.
“India in Pixels” published Per capita income
The ‘India in Pixels’ organization released published a report on per capita income for the year 2019-2020. In the ‘India in Pixels’ report, the per capita income statistics have been arranged according to Indian states and districts.
- Tiruvallur district has topped the list of Tamil Nadu’s highest earners, in that district each of whom earns at least Rs 3.84 lakh per annum.
- Followed by Coimbatore district and Erode district has been ranked 2nd and 3rd respectively.
“NAMATHU CLINIC” scheme in Karnataka
Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai will introduce ‘NAMATHU CLINIC’ dispensaries in all districts for the benefit of the urban poor people on December 14, 2022. The state govt will open 438 of our clinics across the state, 114 clinics will be opened initially and the rest are slated to open by the end of January 2023.
Zika virus detected in Karnataka
The first case of Zika virus in Karnataka has been found. A five-year-old girl from Raichur district has been infected with the Zika virus and has tested positive, said health minister K Sudhakar. As per the lab report, A 5-year-old girl in Karnataka’s Raichur has tested positive for the Zika virus and has been advised to take precautionary measures.
Zika virus in India
- Zika virus cases were found in Kerala, Maharashtra, and Uttar Pradesh.
What is the Zika virus disease
- The Zika virus disease is transmitted via the bite of an infected Aedes mosquito, which is also known to transmit infections such as Dengue and Chikungunya.
- The case of virus was first identified in Uganda in 1947.
- Zika virus can be very dangerous among pregnant women, especially for fetuses.
- The infection can cause microcephaly (a brain disability condition) or other conditions called congenital Zika syndrome.
Delhi govt to provide 450 types of medical tests free of cost
The Delhi government will offer 450 different types of medical tests free of cost across government hospitals and Mohalla Clinics. at present, 212 types of tests have been provided in Mohalla Clinics and more than 250 tests in government hospitals and super specialty clinics.
- Currently, the Delhi Government has 522 Aam Aadmi Mohalla Clinics, 21 Polyclinics, and 201 dispensaries across the city, where the testing facility will be available free of cost to the people.
IIT Madras Launches Interdisciplinary Dual Degree Programme On Quantitative Finance
The Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) has launched a new Interdisciplinary Dual Degree (IDDD) program on Quantitative Finance. The new IDDD program will be jointly offered by the Departments of Management Studies, Computer Science and Engineering, and Mathematics for students belonging to BTech dual degrees.
- The course will an intake of 25 students and the first batch of students will begin on January 2023.
- The IDDD program aims to enable students to easily adapt to new developments in finance and bridge the gap between the application of modern product and process technologies and state-of-the-art finance.
- IIT Madras has a total of 12 Interdisciplinary Dual Degrees (IDDD) in cutting-edge areas like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Robotics, and Electric Vehicles, among others.
3500 year old inscriptions discovered
the archaeological team conducted the research in the Nattarasankottai area near Sivagangai, stone carvings, old people’s tombs and remains of iron smelters have been found. Our ancestors did a lot of efforts to preserve the bodies and remains of those who died during the Paleolithic Age by placing stone slabs. The founded inscriptions are made of available stone types there.
800 year old inscription found near Thiruvadanai
An 800-year-old Pandya-era stone inscription at Oriyur near Thiruvadanai was found for the first time in the district. During Ramanathapuram Archaeological Survey, a stele with a Pandya period inscription has been found at Oriyur in Ramanathapuram district. A black stone 2 feet high and 1½ feet wide contains an inscription of 10 lines on one side and a trident on the other side.
Sarada Math president Pravrajika Bhaktiprana dies at 102
The president of the Sri Sarada Math and Ramkrishna Sarada Mission Pravrajika Bhaktiprana died at the age of 102 after a prolonged illness at a hospital in Kolkata. Bhaktiprana was suffering from old age-related ailments and was undergoing treatment at the Ramakrishna Mission Seva Pratishthan.
- Pravrajika Bhaktiprana Mataji was born in Calcutta in 1920 as Kalyani Banerjee.
- Bhaktiprana studied at Sardeswari Ashram and Hindu Girls’ School. She joined Ramakrishna Sarada Mission Matri Bhavan, Tollygunge, as a nurse, in 1950 after receiving proper training.
- In 1959, She accepted Sannyas.
- In 1998, she was appointed as the vice-president of Sri Sarada Math and Ramkrishna Sarada Mission and became the fourth president of the order in 2009.
Manu Bhaker bags gold medal in National Shooting Championship 2022
Tokyo Olympian Manu Bhaker received a gold medal in the 10-meter pistol junior women’s event in shooting at the National Shooting Championship 2022 in Bhopal. Manu Bhaker represented Haryana at the 65th edition of the National Shooting Championship and beat Telangana’s Esha Singh 17-13 in the final after topping the qualification with 583 points.
- Olympic silver medallist Vijay Kumar from Himachal Pradesh also won the national title in the men’s 25m center fire pistol with a score of 583.
- Haryana’s Anish Bhanwala and Indian Army’s Gurpreet Singh were behind Vijay Kumar on the podium with 582 points.
World Junior Wushu Championship Series 2022
World Junior Wushu Championship Series 2022 was held in Indonesia. In this championship, the Indian team won 8 medals including 3 gold. India got 3 gold, 3 silver, and 2 bronze medals in the Wushu Championship.
- Ayeera Chishti from Jammu and Kashmir received the bronze medal in this series.
- She became the first Kashmiri player to get a medal in the first World Junior Vishu Championship series.
National Energy Conservation Day 2022
Every year, National Energy Conservation Day is observed on December 14th by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) in the country. BEE functions under the Ministry of Power. The main purpose of the celebration is to present India’s achievements in the field of cost-efficient energy production and resource conservation.
- The day aims to create awareness among citizens regarding the importance of energy conversation and energy efficiency and people are made aware of efforts in order to climate change mitigation.
- President Mrs. Draupadi Murmu will join the event as Chief Guest.
- She will also launch an app and website called “E.V.YATRA”.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.