Daily Current Affairs 14 February 2023
Daily Current Affairs 14 February 2023 in English: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF to crack your exams.
Table of Contents
1st Agriculture Deputies Meeting (ADM) of Agriculture Working Group (AWG)
The 1st Agriculture Deputies Meeting (ADM) of the Agriculture Working Group (AWG) under India’s G20 Presidency will be held at Indore during 13-15 February 2023. The delegates will obtain to experience the rich Indian history through a heritage walk to Rajwada Palace and an excursion to Mandu Fort. Gala dinners and cultural performances will be conducted to mark Indian cuisine and culture.
Khanan Prahari Mobile app to Curb Illegal Mining
Indian Government launched one mobile app namely “KhananPrahari” and one web app Coal Mine Surveillance and Management System (CMSMS), aimed at reporting unauthorized coal mining activities so that monitoring and taking suitable action on it.
- The CMSMS aims to curb illegal mining and take transparent action as an e-Governance initiative of GoI on the use of Space Technology.
- It will also detect citizens’ participation against illegal mining by receipt of citizen complaints through a mobile app – KhananPrahari.
- It will play an important role in monitoring and taking action on any kind of illegal coal mining activity being carried out within the leasehold boundaries of any Coal Mining Project in the Coalfield Areas.
Swastha Mann, Swastha Ghar
Health Melas will be held on the 14th of every month in 1.56 lakh Ayushman Bharat – Health and Wellness Centre (AB-HWC) as part of the “Swastha Mann, Swastha Ghar” campaign. The “Swastha Mann, Swastha Ghar” campaign was launched to enhance awareness surrounding healthy living.
- It will include various Activities like Yoga, Zumba, Teleconsultation, Nikshay Poshan Abhiyan, Non-Communicable Diseases screening and Drug Distribution, and Sickle Cell Disease screening.
- A Cyclathon will be held with the theme, ‘Cycle for Health’ at Lady Hardinge Medical College in Delhi.
- “Swastha Mann, Swastha Ghar” will be conducted from November 2022 to October 2023. it aims to make fitness and healthy living an integral part of our daily lives.
Mohd Shahabuddin Chuppu to become Bangladesh’s new President
Mohammad Shahabuddin Chuppu will be Bangladesh’s next president. he is a former judge and freedom fighter. he is holding an absolute majority in Parliament. The 74-year-old former judge Mohammad Shahabuddin Chuppu may replace Mohammad Abdul Hamid, the longest-serving President of the country, whose tenure will end on April 23rd, 2023.
- Shahabuddin Chuppu was a leader of Awami League’s student and youth wings in the late 1960s and early 1970s.
- He was a part of Bangladesh’s 1971 Liberation War.
Former Cyprus foreign minister Nikos Christodoulides elected President
Nikos Christodoulides won the Cyprus presidential election and is set to be the country’s next president. Christodoulides took 51.9% votes, compared with runoff rival Andreas Mavroyiannis, 66, who took 48.1%.
Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav 2023 begins in Mumbai
Governor of Maharashtra, Bhagat Singh Koshyari inaugurated the Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav 2023 at Azad Maidan. it is being held at Azad Maidan, Churchgate, Mumbai, from 11th to 19th February 2023. The Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav 2023 aims to promote National Unity and integrity through cultural exchange.
PM Modi Opens Mega Expressway In Rajasthan Ahead Of Elections
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the first phase of the ambitious, nearly 1,400 kilometres long Delhi-Mumbai expressway in Rajasthan’s Dausa. The 246-kilometre Delhi-Dausa-Lalsot stretch of the expressway will help in reducing the travel time from Delhi to Jaipur from five hours to around three and a half hours.
Renault-Nissan sign pact worth ₹5300 cr with TN govt
Automobile manufacturing majors Renault and Nissan signed a pact worth ₹5300 crores ($600 million USD) with the Tamil Nadu government. companies will partner on six new vehicles for domestic and international customers, including two new fully electric vehicles.
- An initial investment of around $600 million USD ( ₹5,300 crores) will play a role in supporting the new projects.
- it will create 2,000 new additional jobs at the Renault Nissan Technology & Business Centre in Chennai.
India’s first electric AC double-decker bus inaugurated in Mumbai
The Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport Undertaking (BEST) inaugurated the country’s first electric air-conditioned (AC) double-decker bus. The bus will ply between Kurla bus depot and Bandra-Kurla Complex (BKC). The tickets will be priced as before — a minimum fare of Rs 6 will be charged for a distance of 5 km.
Chief Justices Appointed To 4 High Courts
Gujarat High Court Chief Justice Sonia Giridhar Gokani, Tripura High Court Chief Justice Jaswant Singh, and Assam Gauhati High Court Chief Justice Sandeep Mehta have been appointed. Kotiswar Singh will serve as the Chief Justice of the Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh High Court.
President Murmu appoints 13 new Governors
President Droupadi Murmu appointed 13 new Governors and accepted the resignations of Bhagat Singh Koshyari as Governor of Maharashtra and of Radha Krishnan Mathur as Lt. Governor of Ladakh.
New governors have been appointed for 13 states list
- Lt. General Kaiwalya Trivikram Parnaik, PVSM, UYSM, YSM (Retired) as Governor of Arunachal Pradesh
- Lakshman Prasad Acharya as Governor of Sikkim
- C.P. Radhakrishnan as Governor of Jharkhand
- Shiv Pratap Shukla as Governor of Himachal Pradesh
- Gulab Chand Kataria as Governor of Assam
- (Retd.) S. Abdul Nazeer as Governor of Andhra Pradesh
- Biswa Bhusan Harichandan, Governor of Andhra Pradesh appointed as Governor of Chhattisgarh
- Anusuiya Uikye, Governor of Chhattisgarh appointed as Governor of Manipur
- La. Ganesan, Governor of Manipur appointed as Governor of Nagaland
- Phagu Chauhan, Governor of Bihar appointed as Governor of Meghalaya
- Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar, Governor of Himachal Pradesh appointed as Governor of Bihar
- Ramesh Bais, Governor of Jharkhand appointed as Governor of Maharashtra
- Brig. (Dr.) Shri B.D. Mishra (Retd.), Governor of Arunachal Pradesh appointed as Lt. Governor of LadakhIt
World Radio Day 2023
Every year, World Radio Day is observed on 13 February across the world. it aims to create awareness about the importance of Radio.
- This day also encourages decision-makers to set up and provide access to information using the radio. it also helps in enhancing networking and generating international cooperation among the broadcasters.
- The theme for World Radio Day 2023 is ‘Radio and Peace’.
International Epilepsy Day 2023
Every year, International Epilepsy Day is observed on the second Monday in February month across the world. the aim of this day is to raise epilepsy awareness. in 2023, International Epilepsy Day is being observed on February 13th.
- International Bureau for Epilepsy (IBE) and the International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE) started observing International Epilepsy Day in 2015. it aims to all people to advocate for appropriate legislation.
- The theme for International Epilepsy Day 2023 is ‘Stigma’ to put light on the challenges faced by people living with epilepsy.
Saint Valentine’s Day
Every year, Valentine’s Day or the Feast of Saint Valentine is observed on 14 February. Valentine’s Day is named after a Catholic priest named Saint Valentine who lived in Rome in the 3rd Century.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
📣 Prepare Exams is now on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube Channel, and Google News to get all the latest News first Like, Follow and bookmark our website @ PrepareExams.com.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.