Daily Current Affairs 11th September 2023:
Get 11 September 2023 Current Affairs Today, Daily Current Affairs 2023, Daily Current Affairs in Hindi, Current Affairs for PCS Exam, Current Affairs for UPSC.
Tata AIA Group is ranked 5th globally and 1st in India. – Report by MDRT Advisors.
- Tata AIA Life Insurance (Tata AIA), one of India’s leading life insurance companies, received the highest number of ratings and was ranked 5th globally for qualified advisors and 1st in India as per the MDRT Advisors Company Rankings.
- This ranking list includes the assessment of their level of knowledge and expertise in the field of life insurance.
Varuna naval exercise for 2023
- Phase II of the bilateral naval exercise called the Varuna naval exercise between the Indian and French navies was recently held in the Arabian Sea.
- this exercise is the 21st edition of Varuna and its initial exercise was held from January 16 to January 20 off the western coast of India.
- Varuna naval exercise for 2023 aims to boost the combat capabilities of the two navies, boosting their ability to operate in a coordinated manner and ensuring peace and security in the region.
Alif Pay in UAE
- In UAE, Alif Financial Services, a leading fintech company in the Central Asian region, recently launched the Alif Pay initiative, aimed to target the Middle East region.
- Alif Financial Services offers Quick and economical financial solutions to customers.
Singapore and the UK signed a new strategic agreement
- British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak and the government of Singapore signed a new strategic partnership agreement as part of the G20 Leaders’ Summit conducted in New Delhi on September 09, 2020.
- The agreement aims to raise employment opportunities and the development of the economies of the two countries, expanding the “new and modern” bilateral investment agreement, and developing strategies for cooperation related to security.
Chief Minister Dhami has laid the foundation stone for various development projects in Haridwar
- On September 08, 2023, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Shri Pushkar Singh Dhami laid the foundation stone for various developmental projects worth about 941.39 lakh at the Bhalla Stadium complex in Haridwar, Uttarakhand.
- Haridwar-Roorkee Development Authority (HRDA) will undertake these development projects including repairing and improving the cricket, football, and tennis grounds, and the badminton court in the city sports complex.
Taj Singh as the Director and Chief Executive Officer of Gold Line
- Gold Line Resources Ltd, a well-known Canadian company, has elected Indian-origin Taj Singh as the Director and Chief Executive Officer.
- Taj Singh served in various key roles including CEO and COO at Discovery Silver Corp and OA Lithium Brines and holds over 20 years of experience in the mining and gold resources industry.
Arikatla Sumati is appointed as the President of the Andhra Pradesh Masters Athletics Association
- Arikatla Sumati has been selected as the President of the Andhra Pradesh Masters Athletics Association at the general body meeting of the Indian Masters Athletics Organization held in Bangalore on September 6th, 2023.
L’Oréal appoints Indian-origin Manashi as Regional Managing Director
- Global beauty services company L’Oréal has decided to elect Indian-origin Manashi Guha as the CEO of Consumer Products for its UK and Ireland region.
- Manashi will assume the charge from October 1, 2023, to ensure the commercial development of the specific regional areas.
eDAS won Best Digital Solutions for NBFC Awards 2023
- Eureka Digitization and Automation Services(eDAS) received the award under the category “Best Digital Solutions Provider for NBFC” at the prestigious NBFC Leadership Awards 2023.
- The event was conducted by Crypton Business Media.
National Forest Martyrs Day 2023
- Every year, National Forest Martyrs Day is observed on September 11 in India to pay tribute to those who sacrificed their lives to protect forests and wildlife.
- National Forest Martyrs Day aims to create awareness about protecting forests and the environment at large.
- The Forest Martyr incident is remembered as a key event and has inspired many activists and campaigns, including the Chipko movement, in which people hugged trees to save them from falling.