Daily Current Affairs 11th December 2022: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
National Judicial Appointments Commission Bill 2022
Marxist member Bikash Ranjan Bhattacharya introduced a bill in the Rajya Sabha to regulate the appointment of Supreme Court and High Court judges. The bill aims to regulate the procedure to be followed by the National Judicial Commission for recommending people for appointment as the Chief Justice of India and other judges of the Supreme Court and Chief Justices and other judges of High Courts.
- The bill will regulate their transfers and lay down judicial standards and provide for accountability of judges.
- It will also establish a credible and expedient mechanism for investigating individual complaints for misbehavior or incapacity of a judge of the apex court or of a high court and regulate the procedure for such investigation.
National Judicial Appointments Commission (NJAC)
- Parliament passed the Constitution (99th Amendment) Act, 2014 along with the NJAC Act, 2014 to offer the creation of an independent commission to appoint judges to the Supreme Court and high courts to replace the collegium system in August 2014.
- The Chief Justice of India as the ex officio Chairperson
- Two senior-most Supreme Court Judges as ex officio members
- The Union Minister of Law and Justice as ex officio member
4 bills introduced in Lok Sabha to revise ST lists in as many states
On 9th December 2022, Four separate bills were introduced in Lok Sabha to revise the lists of Scheduled Tribes in as many states. the Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order (Amendment) Bills for Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Himachal Pradesh were introduced by Union Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda.
- The Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order (Second Amendment) Bill aims to modify the list of Scheduled Tribes in Tamil Nadu.
- The Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order (Third Amendment) Bill will offer for the inclusion of certain communities in the list of Scheduled Tribes in Himachal Pradesh.
- The fourth bill will include certain communities in the list of Scheduled Tribes in Chhattisgarh.
- Tribal Amendment Bills for 4 states namely Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh and Himachal Pradesh in the Lok Sabha.
- Narikkurav and Sparrow communities in Tamil Nadu
- Hatti community in Himachal
- Pinjia community in Chhattisgarh
- Beta-Krupa community in Karnataka
Japan, UK, Italy to develop next-generation fighter jet
Britain, Italy, and Japan will jointly develop a future fighter jet in a project that UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak said would guarantee national security and safeguard thousands of jobs. The three nations are working to develop their own “sixth-generation” planes, vowing to maintain “interoperability” among all the allies against threats from the likes of China and Russia.
- The new “Global Combat Air Programme” will make its first jets by 2035
Mid-day meal program to be started in Kenyan schools
A team from Kenya went to learn about the midday meal program in India and implement it in their country. A team from Kenya will learn from the activities of Akshay Patra, an Indian non-profit organization working with the Indian Prime Minister’s Poshan Project, and implement them in schools in Africa.
team from Kenya members
- Nairobi City Deputy Governor James George Musiri,
- Chief Education Officer Ruth Auver and
- High-ranking dignitaries including Joyce Kinyanjui, Director of International Relations.
7th Edition of TiE Global Summit 2022
TiE (The Indus Entrepreneurs), the internationally prominent NPO devoted to the growth of entrepreneurs, is going to host its flagship Entrepreneurship Summit, TiE Global Summit, from 12th to 14th December in Hyderabad. The Largest Entrepreneurship Summit, TiE Global Summit will have to 2500 delegates, 550+ TiE charter members from across 17 countries, 150+ Global Speakers, and 200+ Investors.
- TGS’22 aims to cross-pollinate the ideas and visions of distinct entrepreneurs to drive the need for entrepreneurial acceleration and growth.
KCR’s Party Telangana Rashtra Samithi Is Now Officially Bharat Rashtra Samithi
The Election Commission of India approved the name change of Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) to Bharat Rashtra Samithi (BRS). party supremo and Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao signed the papers concerned about the name change of Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) to Bharat Rashtra Samithi (BRS).
- Rao formed the Telangana Rashtra Samithi in 2001 to fight for the formation of a separate state Telangana out of undivided Andhra Pradesh.
This Farm In Kerala Is Declared As India’s First Carbon Neutral Farm
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan declared a seed farm, located in Aluva here, as the first carbon-neutral farm in the country. A significant reduction in carbon emissions helped the seed farm, under the Agricultural Department, achieve carbon-neutral status.
- The total amount of carbon emission from the farm, located at Thuruthu in Aluva, in the last year was 43 tons but its overall procurement was 213 tons.
- Carbon-neutral farms will be formed in all 140 Assembly constituencies.
27th International Film Festival to be held in Thiruvananthapuram
The 27th edition of the International Film Festival of Kerala was started in Thiruvananthapuram on December 9th, 2022. Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurated the International Film Festival at Nisha Gandhi Arena in Thiruvananthapuram. 186 cinemas from more than 70 countries will be screened in this 8-day festival. 27th International Film Festival will be held from December 9 to December 16, 2022.
Mopa International Airport to be inaugurated in Goa
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate Mopa International Airport in Goa on December 11, 2022, in order to improve connectivity by creating a network of airports. In November 2016, Pm Modi laid the foundation for the airport and The airport facility will begin operating on January 5, 2023.
- Goa International Airport (GGIAL) is a special purpose vehicle owned by the GMR Group.
- It is constructed the New Goa International, also known as the Mopa airport, for a cost of Rs 2,870 crore on 2,312 acres.
- The airport can handle 8.5 MPPA of passengers (million passengers per annum).
- The Dabolim airport offers direct connectivity to 15 domestic and 6 international destinations.
- Through Mopa airport will increase to 35 domestic and 18 foreign sites.
- A night parking facility will be also available at Mopa Airport, but not at Dabolim Airport.
PM Modi to inaugurate ICMR facility in Nagpur
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Maharashtra and Goa on December 11th, 2022 and will also will flag off the Vande Bharat Express in Nagpur, launch phase-I of the Nagpur Metro and inaugurate the Mopa international airport in Goa.
- PM Modi will lay the foundation stone and inaugurate projects worth Rs 75,000 crores in Maharashtra.
- PM Modi will lay the foundation stone of Nagpur Metro Phase-II, inaugurate the first phase of ‘Samruddhi Mahamarg’, connecting Nagpur and Shirdi, and dedicate to the nation an AIIMS in the city.
- the foundation stone of the National Institute of One Health (NIO) and the Nag river pollution abatement project, besides inaugurating the Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering & Technology (CIPET) and the Centre for Research, Management and Control of Hemoglobinopathies will be laid by PM Modi.
World Ayurveda Congress
- PM Modi will address the valedictory function of the World Ayurveda Congress and also inaugurate three national Ayush institutes.
Samruddhi Mahamarg or the Nagpur-Mumbai Super Communication Expressway project
- Samruddhi Mahamarg or the Nagpur-Mumbai Super Communication Expressway project will be a major step towards realizing Modi’s vision of improved connectivity and infrastructure in India.
- It will be a 701-kilometre expressway.
- It costs about Rs 55,000 crore.
- It passes through Maharashtra’s 10 districts and the prominent urban regions of Amravati, Aurangabad, and Nashik.
Karnataka government to rename ritual ‘Salaam Aarti’ started by Tipu Sultan
The ruling BJP of Karnataka renames ‘Salaam Aarti’- a ritual started by Mysuru ruler Tipu Sultan in the state. ‘Salaam Aarti’ ritual was started during the time of Mysuru ruler Tipu Sultan. Tipu got the worship done for the welfare of the Mysuru kingdom.
- ‘Salaam Aarti’ was the symbol of slavery and was practiced to assert domination.
Sukhvinder Sukhu, 4-Time MLA, Appointed Himachal Chief Minister
The Congress’s Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu has been appointed the next Chief Minister. Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu headed the party’s campaign committee in Himachal Pradesh and 58 years old is an MLA from Nadaun in Hamirpur district and will take oath.
- Five-time MLA Mukesh Agnihotri will serve as the Deputy Chief Minister.
- Sukhu is a former president of the Himachal Pradesh Congress, is also a four-time MLA and is considered close to party leader Rahul Gandhi.
Australia’s most prestigious Don Award 2022
Former tennis star Ash Barty has received Australia’s prestigious Don Award for the second time in her career after the year 2019. She also becomes the third after hurdler Sally Pearson (2012 and 2014) and pole vaulter Steve Hooker (2008 and 2009) to win the award twice.
- The Don Award is presented to a player or a team “which has provided the most inspiration to the country through performance and example in the past year.”
- Former tennis star Ash Barty retired from professional tennis back in March at the age of 25.
- Barty, ranked world no.1 back then, defeated Danielle Collins 6-3 7-6(2) in the final at Rod Laver Arena.
- Barty also won Wimbledon in 2021 and the French Open in 2019.
- she also played for the Brisbane Heat in the Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL).
International Mountain Day 2022
Every year, International Mountain Day is celebrated on December 11 to increase public awareness of the value of mountains to both life and climate. The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) designated International Mountain Day to recognize the importance of mountains.
- The United Nations Conference on Environment and Development accepted Chapter 13 of Agenda 21: Managing Fragile Ecosystems: Sustainable Mountain Development in 1992.
- The day came into existence in 2003.
- The theme of 2022 International Mountain Day (IMD) is ‘Women Move Mountains.’
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.