Current Affairs 22 August 2023 – Here, you will read the latest and Best Daily Current Affairs for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC, and other competitive exams.
Nitin Gadkari launched the Bharat New Car Assessment Program (Bharat NCAP)
- The Union Minister of Highways and Road Transport Shri Nitin Gadkari will launch the much-awaited “Bharat New Car Assessment Pilot Program (Bharat NCAP)” on August 22, 2023. Bharat NCAP will help in improving road safety by enhancing the country’s road transport and the safety of pedestrians and motorists. the project can be expected to “create a security-sensitive car capital market” in India.
The G20 Pandemic Fund approved a $25 million loan to strengthen the country’s animal health system
- The G20 Pandemic Fund recently approved a $25 million initiative by the National Animal Husbandry and Dairying Department, aimed at strengthening India’s animal health system.
India’s first game-based learning library
- Ryan Group of Schools, a leading provider of innovative educational services, in association with The All India Toy Manufacturers’ Association (TAITMA) launched a “Play-Based Learning Library” dubbed as “India’s First Elementary Toy Library”.
- the library will foster learning and holistic development and make play-based learning more accessible than ever by allowing children to borrow toys from the library, enjoy them at home, and return them.
IREDA & Central Government signed an MoU to collaborate on various development projects.
- The Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA), a Mini Ratna Category-I agency of the Government of India, and the Central Government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) based on efficiency improvement. The MoU will generate ₹ 4,350 crore in FY 2023-24 and ₹ 5,220 crore in FY 2024-25 as revenue to the Government of India through operations for IREDA.
India finished 2nd in the 16th IOAA in Poland
- Team India ended second with 4 gold and 1 silver medal in the 16th International Olympiad in Astronomy and Astrophysics (IOAA) 2023 which was held in Chorzów, Poland.
- The tournament was conducted from August 10 to August 20.
- United Kingdom topped with five gold medals.
Russian lunar probe Luna-25 crashed into the moon
- Russia’s lunar probe Luna-25 lost control and crashed into the moon, Russian space agency Roscosmos said. The spacecraft lost contact with the spacecraft at approximately 14:57 Moscow time. India’s lunar mission Chandrayaan 3 is slated for a Moon landing on August 23rd, 2023.
32nd- Manipuri Language Day
- Every year, Manipur Language Day is observed on 20th August, aimed at honoring the Manipuri language of the state of Manipur which was included in the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution of India on 20th August 1992, and to mark the nobility of the language.
- In 2023, the day also marks its 32nd anniversary.
Chintan Shivir program
- On August 21st, 2023, The Ministry of Finance launched the Chintan Shivir program for sector development at the Statue of Unity in Kevadia, Gujarat.
Manoj Kumar initiated various KVI initiative activities in Tamil Nadu
- Chairman of National Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) Sri Manoj Kumar launched various KVI initiative activities in Tamil Nadu. Such initiatives will act as a weapon against unemployment, poverty, and hunger and at the same time for the development of villages and empowerment of women.
- The “Khadi Karigar Sammelan” was held on August 19, 2023 at SITRA, Coimbatore District.
Hikal appointed two experts as additional directors to its board
- A renowned Mumbai-based pharmaceutical and life sciences company Hikal appointed Ramachandra Kaundinya Vinnakota and Berjis Minoo Desai as additional directors in its Board for a period of 5 years. Both will take charge from October 1st, 2023.
India won gold in the 2023 Asian Junior Squash Series
- India’s athlete Anahat Singh received the gold medal in the U-17 category by beating Hong Kong’s Ena Kuang 3-1 in the final. The 2023 Asian Youth Squash Individual Championship was held in Dalian, China from August 16 to 20.
India’s Mehuli Ghosh won bronze at the 2023 ISSF World Championships
- India’s Mehuli Ghosh received bronze in the women’s 10m air rifle event by securing 229.8 points against China’s Zhilin Hang and Jiayu Han at the 2023 ISSF World Championships in Baku, Azerbaijan. he secured the Paris 2024 Olympic quota for India.
Spain won the FIFA Women’s World Cup
- Spain won the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup title for the first time by beating England 1-0 in the final in Sydney, Australia on August 20th, 2023. Spain’s national football team, known as La Roja, won the status of the “Second Country” after Germany to win both the Women’s and Men’s World Cups.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.