Congress Leader Ramachandran died at 84
Thiruvananthapuram: The Senior leader from Congress party and EX-state minister Shri KK Ramachandran Ji has passed away due to a heart attack. he was admitted in a private hospital in Kozhikode. On 7th January, in the early morning, he died at the age of 84.
- He was known as KK Ramachandran master and he was selected to Kerala Legislative Assembly for 6 times from the Wayanad district. along with it, he also represented Sulthan Bathery and Kalpetta constituencies.
- During the AK Antony government, he served as the Food and Civil Supplies Minister and also, served as Health Minister during the tenure of the Oommen Chandy cabinet.
- Ramachandran joined politics as a Youth Congress worker and later, he was posted for many parties such as Kerala PCC general secretary and congress national committee member.
- Before joining the politics, he was serving as a teacher and he gave his resignation from the post. he faced a serious allegation and in 2011, he got expelled from the party.
- The Chief Minister of Kerala state Pinarayi Vijayan condoled on the death of KK Ramachandran.