India’s shuttler P V Sindhu has won a gold medal in the final of women’s single at the Commonwealth Games 2022. The double Olympic medalist P V Sindhu defeated Michelle Li of Canada by 21-15 and 21-13. This is the first-ever Commonwealth Games singles gold by Sindhu.
About the Pusarla Venkata Sindhu:
- PV Sindhu’s full name is Pusarla Venkata Sindhu and was born 5 July 1995.
- She is an Indian badminton player.
- She won a silver and a bronze from the 2018 and 2014 editions.
- She represented India at the 2016 Summer Olympics (Rio), where she was the first Indian badminton player to reach the Olympic final.
- She won the silver medal after defeating from Spain’s Carolina Marin.
- She made her 2nd consecutive Olympic appearance at the 2020 Summer Olympics (Tokyo) and received a bronze medal for India, became the first-ever Indian woman to win two Olympic medals.
- Sindhu won her first superseries title at the 2016 China Open.
- She was honoured with Arjuna Award and Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna, as well as India’s fourth highest civilian award, the Padma Shri.
- She was also awarded the Padma Bhushan, the third highest civilian award in India, in January 2020.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|