Chhattisgarh becomes first state to restore old pension scheme – Chhattisgarh has become the first state in India to restore the old pension scheme to provide assured income to retired employees.
- To regard this, the govt of Chhattisgarh sent a proposal to the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) for the withdrawal of Rs 17,000 crore accrued under the National Pension Scheme since November 2004.
- The old pension scheme will be effective from April 1, 2022.
- The old pension scheme gives 50% of the employee’s salary as a pension.
Chhattisgarh Rojgaar Mission
- The Chhattisgarh Rojgaar Mission will be provided with a sum of 2 crores to work on the prospects of creating new jobs through coordinating skill development programmes.
Rajasthan old pension scheme
- The request of the Rajasthan government was rejected to withdraw Rs 39,000 crore accrued under the National Pension Scheme since 2004.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.