Centre extends Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana (PMGKAY) till March 2022
The Union Cabinet has approved the extension for the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY-Phase V) for a period of another 4 months i.e. December 2021 till March 2022.
- With the help of the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY-Phase V), all the beneficiaries will be provided 5 kg per person per month free of cost under the National Food Security Act (NFSA) [Antodaya Anna Yojana & Priority Households.
- The Union Cabinet was chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The PMGKAY scheme for Phase V from December 2021 till March, 2022 would entail an estimated additional food subsidy of Rs. 53344.52 Crore
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana (PMGKAY)
- Indian govt started Phase-I and Phase-II of this scheme from April to June, 2020 and July to November, 2020 respectively.
- Phase-III was started from May to June, 2021. Phase-IV of the scheme is currently operational for July-November, 2021 months.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.