Canada Express Entry Draw 2023 – On January 11th, 2023, Canada held its first Express Entry draw of the year and the first since November 23. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) published invitations to 5,500 candidates with a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of 507. Eligible candidates have been invited from the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), and Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP).
- This draws 2023 marks a boost in the number of ITAs issued and is the largest all-program Express Entry draw since they resumed last July.
invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #237– January 11, 2023
- Number of invitations issued: 5,500
- Rank required to be invited to apply: 5,500 or above
- Date and time of round: January 11, 2023, 16:14:19 UTC
- CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 507
- Tie-breaking rule: December 06, 2022, 11:00:07 UTC.
CRS score distribution of candidates in the Express Entry pool as of January 11, 2023
|CRS score range||Number of Candidates|
What is Express Entry?
- Express Entry is the application management system that has been started for three Canadian immigration programs: the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), and the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP).
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) candidate in the Express Entry pool is already eligible for at least one of these programs.
- Canada Express Entry utilizes a points-based system, the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
- It also ranks candidates’ profiles.
- The top-scoring candidates obtain an Invitation to Apply (ITA) and after that can apply for permanent residency.