BRO to build world’s highest tunnel at 16580 feet to connect Himachal to Ladakh through Shinku La Pass – The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) is going to build the world’s highest tunnel at Shinku La Pass, which will connect Himachal Pradesh to Zanskar Valley in Ladakh
- The tunnel will be constructed at a height of 16,580 feet.
- the construction of the tunnel will start by July 2022 and will be completed by 2025.
- Indian Govt has made ‘Project Yojak’ of BRO to execute this ambitious project.
- The tunnel will have two portals such as south and north. the south portal will be at Shinku La, and the north portal will be at Lakhang.
About Border Roads Organisation (BRO) –
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Director-General: Lt. Gen. Rajeev Chaudhary
- Founder: Jawaharlal Nehru
- Founded: 7 May 1960
- Purpose: Providing infrastructure to the armed forces of India and friendly nations
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.