Belgium becomes first country to make quarantine compulsory for monkeypox patients – Belgium becomes the first country in the world that has made a 21-day quarantine compulsory for monkeypox patients. the country has reported four cases of the disease.
- the microbiologist Emmanuel Andre confirmed the fourth case of monkeypox in the country.
- As per The World Health Organization, there were a total of 92 confirmed monkeypox cases in 12 different countries.
List of countries where Cases of monkeypox have been confirmed
- UK, Portugal, Sweden, Italy, Spain, France, Belgium, Germany, the US, Canada and Australia as reported by Saudi Gazette.
What is Monkeypox?
- Monkeypox is a disease in the same family as smallpox and symptoms include a distinct bumpy rash, a fever, sore muscles, and a headache.
- Monkeypox is less deadly than smallpox, with a mortality rate below 4%, but experts are worried about the unusual spread of the disease beyond Africa where it usually circulates.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.