Assam CM lays the foundation stone of bamboo industrial park
On 26th July 2021, Himanta Biswa Sarma, The chief minister of Assam State, has laid the foundation stone of a bamboo industrial park at Manderdisa Village, Dima Hasao. The DoNER ministry will implement the project with Rs 50 crore over an area covering 75 hectares. once completes, would usher in a new era in the economy of the region and will help in creating vast employment opportunities for the local youth.
- In Dima Hasao, Bamboo was produced and earlier mostly exported to paper mills. now, with the completion of the park new avenues would create to use bamboo for the production of tiles, incense stick, ceiling and so on, which will give more economic benefit to the people.
About Assam Static GK –
- Chief minister: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Capital: Dispur
- Governor – Jagdish Mukhi
- Bird – White-winged wood duck
- Flower – Rhynchostylis retusa
- Tree – Dipterocarpus macrocarpus
- Drink – Assam tea
- River – Brahmaputra
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.