AP begins YSR Sampoorna Poshana and YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus schemes
- On 7th September 2020, The CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has started off two new schemes named YSR Sampoorna Poshana and YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus. the main purpose of both schemes is to offer foods to pregnant women, lactating mothers, and children across the state.
Key Points –
- Anganwadis will start functioning as pre-primary I and II schools. the Yojana will set a foundation for the 1st standard where the medium of instruction is to be in English.
- Almost 55,607 Anganwadis in the state, will be provided bridge course.
- Under two schemes, more than 360 lakhs mothers and children will be given advantages.
- The schemes will cover pregnant and lactating mothers and children aged between 6-72 months
- The Yojanas will offer nutrition via Anganwadi centres.
- The Yojanas will also include 1100 rupees expenditure per month.