Amitabh Kant gets an extension in his Tenure as Niti Aayog CEO by One Year till June 2022
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has given its approval to extend the tenure of NITI Aayog Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Amitabh Kant by one year period. Amitabh Kant will continue serving as NITI Aayog Chief Executive Officer (CEO) till June 30, 2022.
- On 17th February 2016, Amitabh Kant was appointed as the CEO of the federal policy think tank for a period of two years.
About NITI Aayog
It is a public policy think tank of the Government of India. the main aim of this think tank is to achieve sustainable development targets with cooperative federalism by boosting the involvement of State Govts of India in the economic policy-making process using a bottom-up approach.
- Official Website: niti.gov.in
- Established: 1 January 2015
- Purpose: Foster involvement and participation in the economic policy-making process by the State Governments of India
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Who is Amitabh Kant?
- Amitabh is an IAS officer of the 1980 batch.
- He is serving as the chief executive officer of NITI Aayog.
Amitabh Kant Wiki/ biography
|1 March 1956
|Alliance Manchester Business School, University of Delhi,
St Stephen’s College, Jawaharlal Nehru University
|Wife / Spouse
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.