Air Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari assumed as Vice Chief of IAF
On 1st July 2021, Air Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari has taken sworn in as the new Vice Chief of the Indian Air Force (IAF).
- He has replaced Air Marshal Harjit Singh Arora, Harjit Singh Arora has been retired from service on June 30th, 2021, and has served for 40 years.
- Before assuming the post, he has served as commander-in-chief of the IAF’s Western Air Command (WAC).
Who is Vivek Ram Chaudhari:
- In 1982, Air Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari was commissioned in the fighter stream of the Indian Air Force.
- Chaudhari is also an alumnus of the National Defence Academy and Defence Services Staff College in Wellington.
- He has flying experience of more than 3,800 hours on a wide variety of fighter and trainer aircraft.
Air Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari, assumed the appointment of Vice Chief of the Air Staff today. Commissioned into the Flying Branch of IAF in Dec 1982, he has a rich experience of flying on fighter and trainer aircraft of IAF.— Indian Air Force (@IAF_MCC) July 1, 2021
Details at: https://t.co/GDhxPTmn7n pic.twitter.com/uqBoKc77tY
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.