Aeronautical Scientist Manas Bihari Verma Passes Away at 78
The Indian aeronautical scientist, Manas Bihari Verma has passed away at the age of 78. he played an important role in the development of the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) – Tejas.
- He has served as a scientist at the Defence Research Development Organization (DRDO) and worked for almost 35 years in the aeronautical stream.
- He gave the design of the Tejas aircraft mechanical system.
- apart from this, he also led the team that was created to develop Tejas aircraft in the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA).
- in the year 2018, he was honored with Padma Sri for his contribution to developing Tejas aircraft.
About Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) –
DRDO is an agency that functions under the Department of Defence Research and Development in the Ministry of Defence of the Government of India.
- Founded: 1958
- Jurisdiction: India
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) –
It functions under the Department of Defence Research and Development and it was established in Bangalore in 1984.
- it is responsible to supervise the development of India’s Light Combat Aircraft program.
- ADA has developed HAL Tejas and it is working on the development of HAL AMCA, HAL TEDBF, and DRDO Ghatak.
- Founded: 1984
- Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Padma Shri (Padma Shree) Award of India:
It is the 4th highest civilian award in the country and distributed by the Government of India every year on the occasion of Republic Day.
Established in: 1954
First Awarded in which Year: 1954
Last awarded in Year: 2021
HAL Tejas Aircraft wiki:
Top speed: 2,205 km/h
Range: 3,000 km
Weight: 6,500 kg
Manufacturer: Hindustan Aeronautics LTD