6th Indo-Japan SAMVAD Conference, PM Addressed
On 21st December 2020, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has addressed the 6th India-Japan SAMVAD conference. the conference was organized virtually.
- PM Modi suggested for making a library of traditional Buddhist literature and scriptures in the country.
- The library will have a collection of digital copies of Buddhist literature which will be received from across the globe.
- the role of the library is to translate these works and it will help in offering for scholars and monks of Buddhism.
- The 1st edition of India-Japan conference as Samvad-I was conducted in the year 2015. it was held in New Delhi.
Samvad Conference Aim
- It aims to promote dialogue and discuss the need to strengthen the future of Asia.
- It will also share values of democracy, humanism, Ahimsa, freedom and tolerance across people in Asia.
Q.1 Where was 6th Indo-Japan SAMVAD Conference held?
The 6th Indo-Japan SAMVAD Conference was held virtually in New Delhi.
Q.2 In which year, Samvad-I was conducted?
The 1st edition of India-Japan conference as Samvad-I was conducted in the year 2015.