3rd edition of State Food Safety Index 2020-21
Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Shri Mansukh Mandaviya has released the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)’s 3rd State Food Safety Index (SFSI) to measure the performance of States across five parameters of food safety to ensure safe food for citizens
Top States and UTs in Food Safety Index 2020-21
Among the larger states,
- Gujarat was the top ranking state,
- followed by Kerala (2nd) and Tamil Nadu (3rd).
Among the smaller states,
- Goa stood first
- followed by Meghalaya (2nd) and Manipur (3rd)
- Jammu & Kashmir, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and New Delhi secured top ranks.
List of parameters of food safety
- human resources and institutional data,
- food testing facility,
- training and capacity building,
- consumer empowerment,
19 Mobile Food Testing Vans (“Food Safety on Wheels”)
- Shri Mansukh Mandaviya has also flagged off 19 Mobile Food Testing Vans (Food Safety on Wheels).
- the Vans will supplement the food safety ecosystem across the country.
- in India, now the total number of such mobile testing vans has reached 109.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.