World Telecommunication and Information society Day 2022: Theme, History – Every year, WTISD (World Telecommunication and Information Society Day) is observed on May 17 to raise awareness of the benefits that the Internet and other information and communication technologies (ICT) can offer to society and economies and initiatives to close the digital gap.
- It commemorates the signing of the first International Telegraph Convention and the founding of the ITU.
- The main purpose of this day is to mark the founding of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
- It also creates global awareness of the changes brought about by the Internet and new technologies in societies and economies and ways to bridge the digital divide.
World Telecommunication and Information society Day 2022: Theme
- The theme of World Telecommunication Day 2022 is Digital Technologies For Older Persons And Healthy Ageing.
- The theme of 2021 is “Accelerating Digital Transformation in challenging times”.
World Telecommunication and Information society Day 2022: History
- World Information Society Day and World Telecommunication Society Day were merged to establish World Telecommunication Day and Society Day 2022.
- This day commemorates the founding of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and the signing of the first International Telegraph Convention in 1865.
- World Information Day also highlights the importance of information technology and the wide range of issues which have been raised by the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS).
World Telecommunication and Information Society Day 2022: Quotes
“An efficient telecommunications network is the foundation on which information society is built” – Talal Abu-Ghazaleh
“Leadership in telecommunications is also essential since we are now in the age of e-commerce”—Michael Oxley
“Yeah, look, I think what we have with the social media and the digital media, and all the telecommunications we have today is a big megaphone, amplification”—Mike DeWine
“As people talk, text and browse, telecommunication networks are capturing urban flows in real-time and crystallizing them as Googles traffic congestion maps”—Carlo Ratti
“In a hunting society, children play with bows and arrows. In an information society, children play with information”—Henry Jenkins
“Intuition becomes increasingly valuable in the new information society precisely because there is so much data”—John Naisbitt
“We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology”—Carl Sagan
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.