World Photography Day 2021
Every year, World Photography Day is celebrated on August 19th to celebrate the art, craft, science, and history of photography across the world.
- The main purpose of this day is to promote photography as a hobby and also inspire photographers around the globe to share a single photo with the rest of the world.
- World Photo Day marks the invention of the Daguerreotype, a photographic process developed by Frenchmen Louis Daguerre and Joseph Nicephore Niepce in 1837.
- In 2010, The first official World Photo Day was observed.
- In the year 1939, the French govt brought the patent of the Daguerreotype process and announced the invention as a gift “free to the world”.
World Photography Day: Quotes
- “What i like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.” – Karl Lagerfeld
- “Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second.” – Marc Riboud
- “You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” – Ansel Adams
- “Photography is all about secrets. The secrets we all have and will never tell.” – Kim Edwards
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.