World Malaria Day 2022: Theme, History and Significance – World Malaria Day (WMD) is observed on April 25 every year across the world and it recognizes global efforts to control malaria.
- World Malaria Day is an international observance. It aims to bring global attention to the efforts being made to bring an end to malaria and encourage people to take action to reduce suffering and death from the disease.
World Malaria Day 2022: Theme
- World Malaria Day is celebrated with the theme of 2022 is – “Harness innovation to reduce the malaria disease burden and save lives”, focusing on the need of scaling up the new tools in order to fight against Malaria.
- World Malaria Day Theme 2020: “Zero malaria starts with me”.
World Malaria Day 2022: History
- World Malaria Day was set up by World Health Assembly’s 60th session in 2007. Its main aim of it was to provide “education and understanding of malaria” and expand the information in the world about Malaria.
- World Malaria Day was begun with Africa Malaria Day which was first held in the year 2008.
What is Malaria?
- It is a disease that is caused by parasites.
- It spreads to humans through the bite of an infected mosquito.
World Malaria Day 2022: FAQs
What is the theme of world malaria day 2022?
The theme of world malaria day 2022 is “Harness innovation to reduce the malaria disease burden and save lives”.
When is world malaria day Observed?
The day of 25th April is considered World Malaria Day
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.