World Hypertension Day 2022 – Every year, World Hypertension Day is observed on May 17 across the world to increase awareness about hypertension or high blood pressure.
- it also raises awareness and encourages hypertension prevention, detection, and treatment.
- Hypertension or high blood pressure is known as the ‘silent killer’ for a reason
World Hypertension Day 2022: History
- The World Hypertension League (WHL) has inaugurated World Hypertension Day (WHD) with the goal of raising hypertension awareness.
- On May 14, 2005, the WHL started observing WHD.
- Since 2006, the WHL has decided the day of May 17 as World Hypertension Day.
World Hypertension Day 2022: Theme
- The theme of World Hypertension Day 2022 is ‘Measure Your Blood Pressure Accurately, Control It, Live Longer’.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.