World Hydrography Day 2021: Purpose, Theme
The day of 21st June is observed as World Hydrography Day every year across the world. The United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution to observe World Hydrography Day on June 21st in 2005.
- This day also marks the anniversary of the founding of the International Hydrographic Organization which was founded on 21st June 1921.
- The main purpose of this day is to create public awareness about hydrography and the essential role that it plays in everyone’s life.
- The theme for 2021 World Hydrography Day WHD is “One hundred years of international cooperation in hydrography ”.
- Last year, the theme of World Hydrography Day 2020 was ‘Hydrography enabling autonomous technologies’, which aimed at highlighting the crucial role of hydrography in autonomous technologies.
What is Hydrography
- Hydrography is associated with the study and measurement of the physical features of oceans, seas, coastal areas, rivers, and lakes.
World Hydrography Day 2021: FAQ
Q.1 What is the theme 2021 of World Hydrography Day?
The theme for 2021 World Hydrography Day WHD is “One hundred years of international cooperation in hydrography ”.
Q.2 When is World Hydrography Day observed?
World Hydrography Day is observed on 21st June every year around the world
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.