World Food Safety Day 2021: Purpose, Theme
Every year, World Food Safety Day is celebrated on 7th June to remind people of the need to have safer and healthy food for a disease-free life.
- aims to draw attention and inspire action to help prevent, detect and manage foodborne risks, contributing to food security, human health, economic prosperity, agriculture, market access, tourism, and sustainable development.
- World Food Safety Day 2021 Theme: ‘Safe food today for a healthy tomorrow’, marks that production and consumption of safe food has immediate and long-term benefits for people, the planet, and the economy.
- The United Nations General Assembly declared this day in December 2018 and The first World Food Safety Day (WFSD) was observed on 7th June 2019.
World Food Safety Day 2021: Quotes
- “There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.” – Mahatma Gandhi.
- “Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food”-Hippocrates
- “Food safety involves everybody in the food chain”-Mike, Johanns
- “Get people back into the kitchen and combat the trend toward processed food and fast food”.-Andrew Orwell
- “We may find in the long run that tinned food is a deadlier weapon than the machine-gun.”-George Orwell
- “We provide food that customers love, day after date after day. People just want more of it.”-Ray Kroc
- “Our minds are like our stomachs; they are whetted by the change of their food and variety supplies both with a fresh appetite.”-Quintilian
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.