World Food Prize 2022: All You Need To Know – The World Food Prize is an award that is presented for recognizing the achievements of individuals from across the world who have helped in advancing the development of humans by improving the quantity, quality, or availability of food across the world.
- The World Food Prize was established in the year 1986 by Norman Borlaug with the support of general foods.
Who was awarded the 2022 World Food Prize?
- Cynthia Rosenzweig received the 2022 World Food Prize from the World Food Prize Foundation on 5th May 2022.
- Rosenzweig is NASA’s head of the Climate Impacts Group and a senior research scientist at the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS).
- She also received a $250,000 amount along with a commemorative sculpture and a diploma.
- The recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize Norman Borlaug conceived the award and In the year 1986, this prize was established with the support of General Foods.
Who was the first Indian to receive the World Food Prize?
- M.S. Swaminathan, was the first Indian to win the World Food Prize instituted by Norman Borlaug in 1987. he was the Father of the Green Revolution in India.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.