World Egg Day 2022: History, Theme, and Significance – Every year, World Egg Day is celebrated on the Second (2nd) Friday of October month across the world since 1996 to promote awareness about the great nutritional worth of eggs.
- The main purpose of this is to raise awareness of the benefits of eggs and their importance in human nutrition.
- It also focuses on the global issue of malnutrition, and how the consumption of eggs could prove to be a solution to the issue.
- In 2022, World Egg Day was observed on October 14th.
World Egg Day 2022: Theme
- Every year, the International Egg Commission chooses a theme for World Egg Day and The theme for World Egg Day 2022 is “Egg for a Better Life”.
- The theme 2021 for World Egg Day is “Eggs for all: Nature’s perfect package”.
World Egg Day 2022: History
- In 1996, International Egg Commission (IEC) designated a day to mark the benefits and significance of eggs in transforming people’s lives all around the world.
- The second Friday of October was selected as World Egg Day at a meeting in Vienna, Austria.
- Since then, the day has been being commemorated yearly on the second Friday of October all around the world.
5 health benefits of eggs
- Eggs Are Nutrient Rich
- Eggs help maintain good eyesight
- Eggs provide proteins and amino acids
- Eggs raise good cholesterol
- Eggs can Support Mental Health
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.