World Drowning Prevention Day 2022– Every Year, United Nations observes World Drowning Day on July 25th. the main purpose of this day is to mark the global advocacy of drowning prevention in April this year through a resolution, moving towards a more sustainably developed world.
- This day also highlights offering life-saving solutions to prevent such disasters.
- As per the Data by the UN, estimates that 2,36,000 people drown in a year.
- On World Drowning Prevention Day 2022, WHO is urging everyone to “do one thing” to prevent drowning.
- WHO also uses the hashtag #DrowningPrevention for this occasion on social media.
World Drowning Prevention Day: History
- A General Assembly decision desigated April 20 as World Drowning Prevention Day in 2021.
World Drowning Prevention Day 2021: theme
- In 2021, the World Health Organisation (WHO) will make preparations for World Drowning Prevention Day by hosting a global launch event for the special day.
- WHO suggested a special activity for organizations with “Going Blue for World Drowning Prevention Day”.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.