World Cotton Day 2021: Date, Theme, History, Significance
World Cotton Day (WCD) is observed on 7th October every year to provide an opportunity to recognize the importance of cotton worldwide. this day was recognized by WHO.
- The main purpose of celebrating World Cotton Day (WCD) is to raise awareness about cotton across the world.
- It also marks its role in generating employment and maintaining economic stability in least-developed countries (LDCs).
World Cotton Day 2021: Theme
- The theme of World Cotton Day 2021 is “Cotton for Good”.
- it marks to celebrate the fiber’s enduring positive impact including providing employment, protecting the environment and giving us natural fibres.
World Cotton Day 2021: History
- In 2019, WTO conducted World Cotton Day (WCD) on October 7th by the Cotton-4 countries including Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad, and Mali.
- It provided a chance to countries to share knowledge and showcase cotton-related activities.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.