World Class State of the Art Honey Testing Lab
- The Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar ji starts off ‘World Class State of Art Honey Testing Laboratory’ in Anand, Gujarat. National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) has established this lab in the collaboration of National Bee Board (NBB). this is a movement in order to bring sweet revolution in India.
Points to remember –
- The Laboratory’s establishment will help in encouraging large number of farmers to produce and market of Honey and earn more profit in agriculture sector.
- NDDB to install this world-class lab based on the parameters notified by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
- The Indian govt is taking a lot of efforts to promote beekeeping under Mission on Integrated Development of Horticulture (MIDH), National Mission for Beekeeping being implemented via the National Bee Board and the States.
- GoI is also aimingto boost bee colonies, honey bee production, processing, marketing and export all of these will make contribution in GDP and boosting the rural economy.